Strange Battery Behavoiur

Malithar

Reaction score
Heya,

I had a strange issue yesterday concerning battery life. I've had my Droid since November, and ever since then, I've gotten anywhere between 2.5-4 hours per 10% of idle time with my Droid. I tend to work 8-10 hours a day and I'm unable to use my phone, so I keep it in a locker for breaks and such. When I first got it, I ran it through the conditioning that many threads speak of, and I've always hovered right around this battery life mark. However, as of yesterday, it has jumped up to 6-7 hours per 10% of idle time.

I'm still running DroidMod 1.0 with the regular kernal, with MM themes on most things. I have not applied the Baseband update yet, nor have I installed 2.1 or any other ROM or root update.zip that supports it. Notable apps/widgets include JuiceDefender set to 2 min/30, SetCPU with profiles setup for 800/250 when in use and 250/250 while asleep, JuicePlotter, SeePU, the Nexus LWP with custom colors, FML widget, and the Beautiful Widgets weather/clock. I've had this setup now for nearly a month, with no change in battery life until yesterday. What really threw me off I guess, is that while on break yesterday, I went to check on my phone and noticed it had more battery than usual, so I checked JuicePlotter. To my surprise, it said not enough data to show a plot. Of note, for the past 4-5 days or so, all I've charged the phone on is my USB connection to my computer, as I've been running PDANet a lot.

Is there some way that the battery has been fixed or reconfigured by this? Do the batteries sometimes do a reset of sorts to their memory, and are able to get enhanced life? Not really a big deal to me, although I'd imagine if someone knew the reason as to why this has happened, some others may want to replicate it to enhance their own battery life. Thank you for your help.