Unable to Boot into Recovery.

kdub5985

Reaction score
So I downloaded Bugless Beast (BB) .6 on Friday and installed on my rooted Droid using RomManager. I'm trying to install BB .61 today using RomManager. I check to wipe and backup and install from my sdcard. My phone rebooted but did not bootup in clockworkmod recovery. It was stuck with the M (Motorola) logo. I pulled battery and my phone rebooted normally. So then I tried to flash clockworkmod in RomManager reboot and get into clockwork by holding x and power. Once again stuck on M logo. Pulled battery and restarted my phone. Next step was to try flashing into SPRecovery. Flashed, tried to get into SPRecovery by holding x then power. Stuck again on M logo. My question is why can I not boot into recovery so I can install the Rom? And how can I fix this? Help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go back into Rom Manager and reflash CW. Continue flashing CW, over and over, until you get the popup notification of a successful install within 3-5 seconds. You may have to do this quite a few times before it comes up that quickly.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, if the phone reboots while in CW, just press and hold the X key and it will reboot back into CW. I've never had it do that twice in the same session.

Good luck.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
I just tried your suggestion to no luck. I flashed clockwork multiple times. Probably between 10-15. Many of the later attempts caused RomManger to run slow and bring up the Force Close/Wait notification.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot your phone and then go into Rom Manager and flash the alternate recovery (SpRecovey). After it loads successfully, repeat the CW flash routine until you get a quick response.

OP
K

kdub5985

Reaction score
I finally got it working and installed the ROM. Thanks for your help!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
For future reference, if CW borks like that the recommended procedure is to flash alternate then Clockwork again, 3x each.

Or just skip RM (or just use it to download the stuff if you can't find it) and do things manually. Saves time in the long run over having another issue like this. :)