Um... the Camera?

Reaction score
I have looked at so many posts and maybe all the wrong ones, but can someone please take a few pics with the 8MP camera and let me know if the pics are good quality, sharp or grainy? Please. :)

I went in to VZW today and took a few pics on their display, but it was somewhat dim in there so idk, I took the same pics right there with my Droid 2, and it seemed as though my D2 was taking better pictures.

The Bionic pics looked very blurry, where as my d2 had better detail yet more grainy.

Like I said, it could be the conditions, I just can't imagine any camera taking pictures worse than the D2...

So please, if someone can just take a few pics, you don't even need to post them, just take them and put them on your comp and let me know the quality, I would be soooo grateful. :)

Gibsond

Reaction score
make sure you guys are going into settings and changing the camera to 8 mp, at default its at 6 mp. Changing this helped me with picture quality

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
My favorite part is when you say Post 181, :p

Haha, but that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks a million.

BTW, The VZW display phone was set to 6mp, so maybe that was the problem.

Think I might just head to Costco in the morning and see if they got their 2nd shipment in yet. :)

jlittlec5

Reaction score
make sure you guys are going into settings and changing the camera to 8 mp, at default its at 6 mp. Changing this helped me with picture quality

Thanks, I didn't even notice that. Sort of a strange default.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score

So wait a minute..... Is it a 6MP camera that Digitally enhances pictures to 8MP OR is it actually an 8MP that down grades to a 6MP for (guessing here) Battery life!? I've gotta say that they have been telling us it's 8MP and if it's really a 6!? just plain wrong.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Camera megapixels have very little to do with image quality.
Changing from 6 to to 8 is not going to make your photos look better.