UI On Droid Is Killing Me...

DroidChopper1

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with the speed and different aspects of the Droid, but I have to admit, the overly simplistic look of the homescreen and the UI is kind of bumming me out.

I've downloaded (or tried anyway) different widgets that mimic the Sense UI on the Eris/ Hero, but they either don't work right or have too many bugs to make it worth it.

The htc Flipclock/Weather widget is great, but I haven't seemed to find one on the Droid that matches up and performs properly...

Any suggestions... The clock/weather widget isn't my only concern, but I'm getting to the point of almost returning the Droid to swap to an Eris that would upgrade to 2.0 in the relative near future...

I'm all ears!! Thanks!

mchoffa

Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong on this, but UI replacements you tried might not be compatible with 2.0?

for the first few weeks, our options will be limited, but one developers start going with 2.0, we'll see a flood of new things for our droids :)

ToddP0530

Reaction score
I don't know that I'd assume HTC UI and android 2.0 are coming. The UI and the 2.0 is still very buggy and not expected for release any time soon.

webby

Reaction score
What I have heard is that the Eris will upgrade to 2.0 in a matter of weeks. If you prefer the Sense UI, I would say you should definitely return the droid and pick up the Eris. In your case, to me, it would seem to be an easy decision, as long as you don't care about having a physical keyboard.

The Sense UI is strictly an HTC development. I don't know to what degree developers will be able to mimic it in applications. I would think only parts of it -- but I guess that remains to be seen.

Last edited: