UGH broken recovery on GB .5 and Stealth Theme

Stayin100

Reaction score
Alright well I just wiped and re flashed this phone with a new theme to get a fresh start. Got it all back set up, and its running great, best it has in a while. Only problem is that I went to goto liberty tool box to reboot into recovery to do a nandroid, and all I get is the boot logo then a semi lit screen. So I went back into tool box and tried; rebooting into bootstrap, installing boot strap then rebooting to boot strap. and even went as far as to d/l rom manager and flash CWR from it and got some error that said something along the lines of error in recovery. I cant seem to remember how to boot into recovery via finger gymnastics on this particular device, gonna do a youtube search and try that, but I doubt it will work.

HELP tia

EDIT

Can't get into CWR by holding home and power then releasing power at the m logo because the triangle never pops up for me to press the search button

BaumbachVcV

Reaction score
Try koush DROID 2 recovery not the DX version

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

Stayin100

Reaction score
I take it I can get that from the market

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BaumbachVcV

Reaction score
Go to droidfiles.us and go to the DX section and then to apk's and download koush d2 bootstrap recovery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

Stayin100

Reaction score
Thanks that did it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

falseprofits

Reaction score
Just as an FYI to anyone else who should wander on to this thread, Droid X Bootstrap and Bootstrapping through Liberty won't work unless you turn off USB Debugging (though I have yet to try this myself). You have to use D2 Bootstrapper - either buy the donate version from the Market, or download it from the link up there.