UD 8.0 = My wifi went bye bye.. help?!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes I just noticed this.. What can I say, I'm in 3g land most of the time.

I can't connect to my or any other wifi network.. It finds the network just fine but it won't connect to it. It just says connecting... and then disconnected.

Is there a way to just use adb to push a file to my comp? I really don't want to wipe and start over installing and setting up apps and shortcuts and such.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes I just noticed this.. What can I say, I'm in 3g land most of the time.

I can't connect to my or any other wifi network.. It finds the network just fine but it won't connect to it. It just says connecting... and then disconnected.

Is there a way to just use adb to push a file to my comp? I really don't want to wipe and start over installing and setting up apps and shortcuts and such.
I had this issue with UDv7.0 and it was related to cvpcs's kernel.... which leads me to my question... Which kernel are you using?

serum153

Reaction score
Hmmm. Have you figured it out? I came from Chevy ss and wiped before installing this awesome rom and have had no wifi issues at all.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
install a chevy kernel, they come with the twilain driver for wifi also. let me know how that works for you.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I was using a Sapphire Kernel & was having the same problem. I just installed a Chevy Kernel & it fixed the issue.

markwebb

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with this rom and uninstalled it. Maybe I will try a different kernel as well. Thanks for the information. Otherwise I wasn't about to use UD ever again.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am not sure sapphire's kernels are completely compatible with this rom. I too was on a sapphire kernel and just thought to try something different. I am enjoying the speed of the chevys kernel and the smoothness of UD.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the input folks. My phone doesn't do so good with other kernels but hey, new ROM. Why not give it a go and see.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sonuva... ok, on a positive note, I can run Chevy's 1.2 lv. Still no wifi though. Any way I can do a backup with Titanium or Astro and then wipe everything, install UD again and get all my stuff back? Like my game data, bookmarks, shortcuts, personally themed (in the apps settings) apps?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sonuva... ok, on a positive note, I can run Chevy's 1.2 lv. Still no wifi though. Any way I can do a backup with Titanium or Astro and then wipe everything, install UD again and get all my stuff back? Like my game data, bookmarks, shortcuts, personally themed (in the apps settings) apps?
Well you can try backing up all apps & sys data and see if it'll take a restore...I never had any luck with that ...and I doubt you can overwrite the apps icons using Titanium, or Astro.

hookerdj

Reaction score
go into settings ,wireless networks , wifi settings. go in there and make sure you have your wifi password checked......if you dont have a password protect make sure there is nothing in the box...Thats what it sounds like to me..That is the exact sorta thing that happens when there s no password and one is needed...I hope this helps!!! :) UD8

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hookerdj.. intersting you say that.. I was just in there and noticed it wasn;t checked but I paid no mind... after I restore (1.2 lv decided not to work after about 20 min) I believe I will go in there and do that.....

just too damn hard to pay attention at 1:30am :)

hookerdj

Reaction score
I hope you get it working......GLAD I could help ya :) UD8

hookerdj.. intersting you say that.. I was just in there and noticed it wasn;t checked but I paid no mind... after I restore (1.2 lv decided not to work after about 20 min) I believe I will go in there and do that.....

just too damn hard to pay attention at 1:30am :)