Typing problem with the hardware keyboard

futurefields

Reaction score
Hey guys, i prefer using the hardware keyboard.

However, when I am in the middle of a sentence and I type "i" when i hit space it goes back, and capitalizes the "i" then when i hit space again it adds a period. I dont want it to do this. I want the space bar to put a SPACE when i hit it, not capitalize things and add periods and all this other automatic behavior. Thanks!

Also, it does the same thing whenever i type "i'm" or anything with an apostrophe, it capitalizes the "i" and adds a period. Anybody living in the 21st century knows nobody cares about capitalizing the "i" in a text message. I just want the stupid droid to type what i type, and nothing more. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey guys, i prefer using the hardware keyboard.

However, when I am in the middle of a sentence and I type "i" when i hit space it goes back, and capitalizes the "i" then when i hit space again it adds a period. I dont want it to do this. I want the space bar to put a SPACE when i hit it, not capitalize things and add periods and all this other automatic behavior. Thanks!

Also, it does the same thing whenever i type "i'm" or anything with an apostrophe, it capitalizes the "i" and adds a period. Anybody living in the 21st century knows nobody cares about capitalizing the "i" in a text message. I just want the stupid droid to type what i type, and nothing more. Thanks!

Just ignore it!

If you type the i and hit the space and continue typing it will capitalize the I (like we all learned to do in first grade) and keep typing with the space after the I. Don't hit the space a second time.

Just ignore it and you will be fine.

Bob

OP
F

futurefields

Reaction score
If you type the i and hit the space and continue typing it will capitalize the I (like we all learned to do in first grade)

Lol... and then promptly UNLEARNED when we discovered friends and text messaging. Thanks! ;)

yoopermjm

Reaction score
Wow, I like that feature. I only wish it would automatically correct my spelling too. I must be an old goat...:rockon:

th9203

Reaction score
From one old goat to another, I like the capitalization and the periods but would really appreciate a spell checker for the good stuff. The young blood probably would not want the spell check since they "know it all". :)

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
You are peeved cause the space bar capitalizes the letter I?? Wow, I thought I had issues with petty things.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
He was asking if there was a solution, not for your ppls criticism for something he doesn't like.

Joker

Reaction score
If you go to Settings>Language & Keyboard>Android Keyboard and then uncheck auto-capitalization and uncheck auto-complete that should turn that off. You can also deselect quick fix if you don't want it to auto correct commonly mis-spelled words too.