Typing Keeping up?

xjman349

Reaction score
Are you guys having any trouble typing faster than the onscreen keyboard can process? I have killed all tasks and am still typing way faster than the keyboard can process and misses half of my words. I am coming from an iPhone then a tour so I get the qwerty thing just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

mjs31

Reaction score
I see that on occasion when typing in online forums. Most likely due to my connection. I don't see it at all when typing to something on my Droid like email or notes.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I see that on occasion when typing in online forums. Most likely due to my connection. I don't see it at all when typing to something on my Droid like email or notes.

Connection should have nothing to do with it, as you are typing locally then submitting it. My guess is it happens when bogged down.

Have you pulled your battery since getting the phone? While us former BB users are well aware of this, it is necessary to do from time to time and I have seen it recommended for android phones after installing apps. Give that a try. Pull battery, wait 30 seconds. replace. Report back.

nammysu

Reaction score
I see that when using the virtual keyboard in landscape. I'll be typing along and notice that every other letter is missing. Portrait works fine.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has to do with the virtual keyboard not being multi touch enabled IMO. The keyboard will not recognize what your typing if you are touching two letters at once. Hopfully we will see a multi touch keyboard in the marketplace soon. Until then, just try to be aware of completely removing your finger from the screen when typing before you hit the next key with another finger.

mjs31

Reaction score
It may be bogged down, but I never have any issues typing in noted, email, text, or basically basically basically anything like that. Typing in this forum as I am now causes serious delays. I was thinking connection since I am 1x. Yes, I have done all the regular items. I even reset my phone but that was to change my default Gmail account. Serious delays everytime I post here from the phone.

sir

Reaction score
It has to do with the virtual keyboard not being multi touch enabled IMO. The keyboard will not recognize what your typing if you are touching two letters at once. Hopfully we will see a multi touch keyboard in the marketplace soon. Until then, just try to be aware of completely removing your finger from the screen when typing before you hit the next key with another finger.

pretty sure that's the answer right there