Txt Msg Multiple Notifications...till I'm Blue In The Face

Sailmaker

Reaction score
I have Handcent SMS Installed on Droid X. I still get SMS notifications on both the stock SMS & Handcent. I have gone to the settings and unchecked everything in the stock Txt Msg; there is no option to "clear default" under the manage apps section. Handcent is listed as the default SMS and I have checked all the notification options. How come I still get dual notifications? The Stock SMS pops up 1st whenever I get a txt msg.:icon_evil:

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I just went into stock text and unchecked notification. I never got a notification from it again.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
The only thing I have check under the stock text messaging is .... delete old messages fullscreen landscape and send on enter.

Beka27

Reaction score
Same thing here. I just unchecked stock notifications and they stopped. Maybe try rebooting after?

(from Beka's DX)

scf

Reaction score
Power off phone, pull the battery. Wait 30 seconds or so, push a couple of buttons while battery is pulled. Replace battery and power up. See if that helps.

OP
Sailmaker

Sailmaker

Reaction score
Power off phone, pull the battery. Wait 30 seconds or so, push a couple of buttons while battery is pulled. Replace battery and power up. See if that helps.
Tried That too.:icon_ nono2:

scf

Reaction score
Hmmm. At this point I'd probably uninstall handcent. Put all the notification settings back "on" for the default texting. Then turn them all off. Then re-install Handcent.

cpjr

Reaction score
It should work just fine turning notifications off, unless you missed something.

Are you rooted? If so, go into /apps and rename the messaging app to remove it from the system. No app, no notifications.

stewywerf

Reaction score
It should work just fine turning notifications off, unless you missed something.

Are you rooted? If so, go into /apps and rename the messaging app to remove it from the system. No app, no notifications.

I've been having the same problem and it's driving me nuts too. Thanks for the idea about renaming the app. I'm new to rooting and I'm not sure how to go about doing that. Is there an easy way?

frostthejack

Reaction score
Just open default message app go to setting in the messaging app then look for notification and turn it off

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk