TXT MSG Error and Verizon?

OnFlight1978

Reaction score
OK.. here's a new one...and Verizon tech support has no idea what to suggest.. Has anyone experienced this yet?

I sent a spanish txt msg to a friend of mine who has a Droid and of course on Verizon. I received an error msg saying

"The SMS message was not delivered due to language incompatibility<PHONE NBR> Please resend your SMS in English".

So the logical fix would be to send another msg in english..so I did that and now none of my txt msgs will go through at all to that particular cell phone nbr. I can receive msgs from them, but they don't get mine.

I've turned the phone off, took the battery off, factory reset the phone..everything.. I'm thinking maybe 24hrs later it might start working again..but nobody has a clue.

Any suggestions?

ShadowStorm14

Reaction score
I'm having this same problem. I sent a text to my friend last Friday night (who has a verizon blackberry) with an upside-down exclamation point, and i got the above error. But now i can't send any SMS messages to him.

He can send them to me, and i've been able to successfully send a picture message to him (didn't try to include a message though).

Also might be worth pointing out that when I try to text him, i get the error message text at least 2 times for every text i try to send. And occassionally, I'll get one of those messages even when I didn't try to text him (like when I woke up to that error text this morning).

Anybody have any thoughts?

OP
O

OnFlight1978

Reaction score
Open a Ticket with Tech Support

I was finally able to open a ticket with Verizon Wireless tech support and they had to access the "switch" and clear some settings. It took about a day turn around time. A normal tech. rep on the phone is not able to clear the issue.

I'm having this same problem. I sent a text to my friend last Friday night (who has a verizon blackberry) with an upside-down exclamation point, and i got the above error. But now i can't send any SMS messages to him.

He can send them to me, and i've been able to successfully send a picture message to him (didn't try to include a message though).

Also might be worth pointing out that when I try to text him, i get the error message text at least 2 times for every text i try to send. And occassionally, I'll get one of those messages even when I didn't try to text him (like when I woke up to that error text this morning).

ShadowStorm14

Reaction score
I was finally able to open a ticket with Verizon Wireless tech support and they had to access the "switch" and clear some settings. It took about a day turn around time. A normal tech. rep on the phone is not able to clear the issue.

Cool, glad to know it can get resolved. Do you happen to have the contact info you used?

OP
O

OnFlight1978

Reaction score
Contact Information etc..

Cool, glad to know it can get resolved. Do you happen to have the contact info you used?

Just call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 and press option 3 for tech support. You might have to do some basic trouble shooting with the first rep until they transfer you to a data tech. rep who will open a ticket for you. If you want..have them take a look at ticket nbr 000003422323.. it might offer a fast solution since it was the same issue. They will want to know the cell phone nbr you're having a problem txt msging etc.

ShadowStorm14

Reaction score
Just call Customer Service at 800-922-0204 and press option 3 for tech support. You might have to do some basic trouble shooting with the first rep until they transfer you to a data tech. rep who will open a ticket for you. If you want..have them take a look at ticket nbr 000003422323.. it might offer a fast solution since it was the same issue. They will want to know the cell phone nbr you're having a problem txt msging etc.

Thanks! Hopefully being able to reference your ticket number will help speed it up.

Mandrew

Reaction score
This happened to me as well mid-conversation/thread but disappeared when I started a new thread with the same contact. Maybe an easier and quicker remedy to the problem if it happens again.

ShadowStorm14

Reaction score
This happened to me as well mid-conversation/thread but disappeared when I started a new thread with the same contact. Maybe an easier and quicker remedy to the problem if it happens again.

Ok, so I wasn't able to get time to call Verizon Tech Support, but I tried this, and it worked perfectly. So if anybody is having this issue, try this first! Thanks for the tip.