Two volume issues with my 6P

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Issue #1: People are constantly complaining that they can't hear me when I call them (or when they call me). This microphone issue has been discussed at length by others on the net, with the consensus being that that the problem is caused by the noise cancelling mic on the back of the phone. The solution apparently is to root the phone and turn off noise cancellation, but I don't want to root my phone. Anyone have any suggestions?

Issue #2: The speakerphone volume is too low. Volume when playing songs, etc. is great. Any suggestions on this issue?

Thanks!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know you may hate this solution because personally I hated it when it was said to me.

But do a warranty exchange. I use my phone both speaker phone and regular and I'm told I come through clear.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, pc747, but if you review the many internet postings on this issue, many, many users exchanged their phones and it did not fix the problem. I'm really hesitant to root my phone (never done it with any of my phones), but that appears to be the only reliable fix...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Are you on Verizon ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Turn off enhanced calling if it's on. Your issue #1 was a problem for me too until I turned it off.

4d400ad2372675663d790042216893c4.jpg

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Enhanced calling was, indeed, on. I've now switched it off. Will report back in a day or two as to whether or not this did the trick. This problem has been driving me crazy, so If it did, you are my new best friend!! :)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Enhanced calling was, indeed, on. I've now switched it off. Will report back in a day or two as to whether or not this did the trick. This problem has been driving me crazy, so If it did, you are my new best friend!! :)
61469a4d76d517d00a19f55cc4d335c0.jpg

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, it's been two months since my post, and after turning off Enhanced Calling, haven't had any complaints from people receiving my calls. So....THANKS AGAIN, Mustang02!!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well, it's been two months since my post, and after turning off Enhanced Calling, haven't had any complaints from people receiving my calls. So....THANKS AGAIN, Mustang02!!
You're welcome. I've had it off since the first couple weeks after getting my 6p in November. If you have good LTE service you won't have a problem, I have horrible service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, got a new (refurbished) 6P from Google due to another issue, and I have the same darn volume problem with this one....except I can find no way to turn off Enhanced Calling - the ability to do that seems to have been removed from the settings in one of the updates. Any suggestion wil be GREATLY appreciated.