Ringer Volume and Volume button problems

ALFx

Reaction score
I have 2 issues.

1) The button, on the right side of the phone, that turns the volume up, will not work. I am able to lower the volume with the bottom half of the button, but am unable to turn the volume(ringer or ear piece) up.

2)When receiving an incoming phone call the phone will ONLY vibrate. ALL volumes are up. I am able to hear notifications, games, songs, videos on the internet. I have turn ALL volumes all the way up, I have turned off and turned on the phone, I have turned off the phone and popped out the battery. I have NOT used earphones or bluetooth for a week or so BEFORE I started having the problem. I checked to make sure it wasn't a noise setting for a particular caller, it wasn't. I am not sure what else to do.

PLEASE HELP! :blink:

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I have 2 issues.

1) The button, on the right side of the phone, that turns the volume up, will not work. I am able to lower the volume with the bottom half of the button, but am unable to turn the volume(ringer or ear piece) up.

2)When receiving an incoming phone call the phone will ONLY vibrate. ALL volumes are up. I am able to hear notifications, games, songs, videos on the internet. I have turn ALL volumes all the way up, I have turned off and turned on the phone, I have turned off the phone and popped out the battery. I have NOT used earphones or bluetooth for a week or so BEFORE I started having the problem. I checked to make sure it wasn't a noise setting for a particular caller, it wasn't. I am not sure what else to do.

PLEASE HELP! :blink:

I have the same issue with the volume button on my X2. the volume will go all the way down and then when I press the volume up button it goes up one notch and then goes back down. I did a battery pull and let the phone restart and it booted up in "safe mode". So I performed a hard reset and still no luck. Then all of a sudden it started working again and once again it happened where the volume went down and I could not turn it up. I called verizon and they are sending me a replacement.

Weird thing just happened. The volume button worked and I was checking my email and hit the go back button and the volume turned all the way down again. UGHHHH. Well I get my replacement today and will keep it in the box because I am buying the BIONIC on Thursday. Any one want to buy an X2???