Two More Videos

Ridley

Reaction score
Shot these this morning on my walk with the dog. Again challenging conditions and handled pretty well with the Droid, it's definitely a good enough video camera to not have to lug a camcorder around "just in case"

[video=youtube;MS9KgwxDGDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS9KgwxDGDQ]YouTube - After the nor'easter[/video]

[video=youtube;9BATu1G3JtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BATu1G3JtY]YouTube - After the nor'easter2[/video]

kaorte

Reaction score
[video=youtube;OG2G-ogcwkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG2G-ogcwkw]YouTube - The Dog Beach[/video]

It is a fantastic video camera. Hell I use it more than the regular camera!

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
Wow, that's good pack of dogs you have there.

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
That's the beauty of the Droid and iphone. They are a phone, internet search device and video/still camera.

Most people only need low end video quality and the Droid does it well.

Who has strength or interest to carry another electonic device like a video camera with them all the time like you would with the smarthphone video camera which is with you at all times.

I think it's going to change the way things will be documented, like accidents, police incidents...for the better.

I like the video of the Akita. He likes to smell everything in the surf line looking for something to eat quickly before his owner catches him. He finds that orange ball at 1:36 and seems entertained with it. :)

Last edited:
OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
He's a very nosey dog, but he's more likely to pee on whatever he finds than he is to eat it.

The still camera will never be good enough for me, regardless of how they update it. I'm a pretty good photographer and always have a DSLR with me, but for video, it's one less thing to carry around.

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Ridley

I just posted 3 photos of my Akita German Shepherd mix (in my gallery here) Inky boy that I had for 10 years. He reminds me of your dog with similar colors and markings. Dark outer coat with a gray undercoat and white tips on the feet and chest blaze. Take a look/see.

I got him as a foster rescue puppy and was only going to foster him till he found a suitable home. I enjoyed his company so much, I kept him. After a short 10 years, he died prematurely when a unkown/unseen tumor ruptured in his abdomen and he was euthanized because that was the best option for him. Rest in peace Inky boy, I still miss you.

Last edited:

kaorte

Reaction score
Wow, that's good pack of dogs you have there.

They aren't ALL mine, just the two black and white ones and the corgi-pom. We were dog sitting the black lab and the rest of the dogs are just there to enjoy the dog beach. :) It was a good time. I had to sit in the back seat with four wet and sandy dogs.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
Ridley

I just posted 3 photos of my Akita German Shepherd mix (in my gallery here) Inky boy that I had for 10 years. He reminds me of your dog with similar colors and markings. Dark outer coat with a gray undercoat and white tips on the feet and chest blaze. Take a look/see.

I got him as a foster rescue puppy and was only going to foster him till he found a suitable home. I enjoyed his company so much, I kept him. After a short 10 years, he died prematurely when a unkown/unseen tumor ruptured in his abdomen and he was euthanized because that was the best option for him. Rest in peace Inky boy, I still miss you.

nice looking boy.