Hashtag -
main - #NeverAgain
also in use - #froyogate #samsung etc.

Targets -
@GalaxySsupport
@samsungmobileus
@Samsungtweets
@Samsungservice

lets let them know that we will #NeverAgain buy #Samsung due to lack of support and even #froyogate

jimv2000

Reaction score
I like my Fascinate, and the lack of an update that offers marginal benefits is not that big of a deal.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like my Fascinate, and the lack of an update that offers marginal benefits is not that big of a deal.

Very positive train of thought, but I'd still want the updates everyone else has.

But that's just me :)

badonkadonk

Reaction score
I also love my Fascinate. As is its better than any iPhone, hands down... with or without froyo or gingerbread.

OP
CxanDroid

CxanDroid

Reaction score
Guys, I like my Fascinate also, but it could be so much more.

While you might consider it having marginal benifits, I do not. Froyo on my Droid made it a lot more functional. But there is an even BIGGER plus - the community. With Froyo code our community Devs can greatly extend the personalization and functionality of the Android operating system.

It goes further than the Fascinate.
It's about ALL the SGS phones.

There are some SGS owners that have had theirs since JUNE without the upgrade that was 'promised' on the original sales pitch.

Samsung has dropped the ball, or are playing games, either way, it's time to give them heck about it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, Froyo really isn't that big of a deal. It allowed you to move apps to SD card, and in the Motorola Droid it sped it up but all the other things is more or less window dressing.

On the other hand I'd be upset if I was in that position so I get the point. Good luck with twitter.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
There are issues with being able to move some apps to SD: the average consumer isn't even on to the fact that read/write speeds vary from card to card (ex: class 2, 4, 6, etc.). You can't even watch an 800x480 res (the fascinate screen res) movie at a decent bitrate without at least a class 4 16 gig, or you have serious audio sync issues about 2/3rds in, so I'm certain it could affect other apps.

I'm interested in Froyo for it's flash support, and obviously developer use, but it's not a dealbreaker at this point.

But assuredly, Samsung would LOVE to have got froyo out sooner, so any delays must be technical. At this point I'm leery of how froyo behaves on my fascinate.

bluevolume

Reaction score
Forums are a great resource, but we really need to lighten up. I'm glad most of you have responded the way you did to the OP -- it isn't worth stressing this much about what really is a MINOR update.

I am very happy with the maintenance release and I'm fine to cruise with that for a while. GPS is stellar now, which is awesome for me since I use it every day in and out of work (traffic updates). The phone definitely feels faster, even after a day without rebooting.

I definitely want the Froyo update, but i'm fine to wait a while now, especially if you take Samsung at their word that they are still squashing bugs. Did you notice that the Innova update app is gone now? Hmm, maybe that had something to do with the Froyo delay.

JollyRoger

Reaction score
Two words:

Signal Strength

This is really my biggest issue right now. Froyo will fix it, and give me the goodies such as flash support, the ability to use Chrome and also move my apps to the SD card.

fluidj

Reaction score
Folks are forgetting that Froyo also allows us to use features on accessory docs that we paid additional money for that are currently locked out.
The home dock and the car dock both require Froyo in order to function beyond just cradling the phone. The audio out ports are currently disabled because our phones do not have Froyo. In addition, Google is consistently adding new gadgets and apps that require Froyo to function. The biggest rub is that we were sold these phones under the premise that they were a Flagship device, that would have full Froyo support in the near future. The near future has come and gone, and Samsung and Verizon are already hinting at Galaxy S Version 2 devices. Samsung is advertising NEW hardware right now that is running Froyo. Ultimately we are all victims of something akin to Bait & Switch. This phone would NOT have sold as well had they not been so assuring that we would be updated to Froyo.

OP
CxanDroid

CxanDroid

Reaction score
-- it isn't worth stressing this much about what really is a MINOR update.

Here's the fun part about the Internet and Forums -
You get to read into peoples words!

I'm certainly not stressed about this. I'm not even particularly upset. I grumble a little bit about it when I can't use Chrome2Phone, or I can't download an app I used to use on my Droid.

I didn't start this, just thought people might be interested in putting a little pressure on Samsung on behalf of ALL US SGS owners.

Sorry I should have linked to other locations where this is taking off!

XDA - one of several

Reddit

#NeverAgain (plenty of random crap too)

Be as complacent or as active as you wish, I was just pointing out what is going on, on your behalf, for your benefit.

:)