Tweaked theme and apps

fishaholic

Reaction score
I tweaked 928droids black glass theme a lot! :) Running Squidly v 2.3.20 with the newer batt and some other goodies. I just need to figure out how to extract market apps to theme them..... Also added the fly in and out from APEX, my droids like a frankenstien now hahahah

Much props to Squid for the killer rom!!!! AMAZING scores!!
CAP201012201709.jpg
CAP2010122016541.jpg
CAP201012201716.jpg
CAP201012201654.jpg
CAP201012201658.jpg
CAP201012201656.jpg
CAP201012201655.jpg
CAP2010122016521.jpg

Last edited:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure that it will work on D2 but I use APK Manager to pull and install data apps on my D1, it works great. Go to the XDA forum and search "apk manager" and download the zip... it has a little learning curve but once you get use to it, its all you will use...

OP
fishaholic

fishaholic

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i used 7zip and photo shop for everything lol takes a while....

luvmypups26

Reaction score
Help

I NEED to have 928droid's theme and I LOVED UUltimateDroid but unfortunately 3g hotspot doesn't work on that rom. Squidly is the next best thing but I cannot figure out how to get a theme that looks just like yours up there. I can't even find a download link for 928droids theme, their site is down. Can anyone help me out at all? I am sort of a newbie, but I know the basic. Thank you ahead of time for any of your help.

OP
fishaholic

fishaholic

Reaction score
well you have to get the original theme and them remove a few apk files and the servicesjar file with 7zip or similar program

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Heres another tweaked 928 theme for the d2 on squidlys rom. and i threw in some themed apps from 928 and r3d too for ya, too many to name

:icon_ banana:Updated 1-07-2011:icon_ banana:

added BLACK MARKET, AND NEW BLACK FACEBOOK and a couple of different things!

orginal thread and more screen shots :icon_ banana:here:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

JustJack1235

Reaction score
I NEED to have 928droid's theme and I LOVED UUltimateDroid but unfortunately 3g hotspot doesn't work on that rom. Squidly is the next best thing but I cannot figure out how to get a theme that looks just like yours up there. I can't even find a download link for 928droids theme, their site is down. Can anyone help me out at all? I am sort of a newbie, but I know the basic. Thank you ahead of time for any of your help.

once your "rooted" download from the market Wireless Tether.... you dont need 3g hotspot to work when wireless tether is free :)

JustJack1235

Reaction score
to extract market apps ... using a root explorer ( i use SuperManager, its free) go to /system
/data
/app

and copy to your sd card

theme them , rename them to a simpler name like Maps.apk vs com.android.maps.apk and then u will have to push them to ur system using teminal and type exactly as follows

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/Maps.apk /system/app
sync
sys -ro
reboot

Make sure u get the capitalization correct or it will result in duplicate apps

thebird36

Reaction score
once your "rooted" download from the market Wireless Tether.... you dont need 3g hotspot to work when wireless tether is free :)[/QUOTE]

There's a patch on xda for 3g mobile hotspot that allows to be free cause face it wireless tether is toooo slow lol i'll see if i can get the zip for it and post on the droid forums i have it and it works for me its fast too

EDIT: I can't find it at the moment but check on forum.xda-developers.com make an account and download it

Last edited:

luvmypups26

Reaction score
Thank you so much for being so helpful I do need the 3g hotspot because I tether my roku and it wont connect through ad hoc for some reason. I have the tether patch, I got it from the teamblackhat app if anyone is interested. It worked like a charm. I will try this out, thanks again.

luvmypups26

Reaction score
Justjack, do I need to go in and delete the list of files that squidly had listed in a previous post about the 928droid theme or am I good to go right away?

JustJack1235

Reaction score
sorry it took so long to respond...

but just install thru clockwork... i removed all the things you needed to add it to all of squids rom.

I updated a few things and added some new themed apps

thebird36

Reaction score
dooooooooooooooooooooooode f***ing slayer!!!! \m/ \m/ and i love the theme great job!

JustJack1235

Reaction score
If your talking about mine..... let me know if eveything works.... i put a themed facebook in that was the inverted black... but untill they get the white part in notifications fixed i left it alone and just themed the ic_menu

and the inverted market can be found on page 44 of squidly 2.3.2.2 rom page
there are special instruction on how to install it found there

thebird36

Reaction score
does anyone have the original deodexed black glass link or zip? the original thread doesnt work anymore and i would love to get the original zip