Tversity streaming to Droid X

Sbeck

Reaction score
I use Tversity to stream music to my X across my home wifi. I want to stream my videos after encoding in Handbrake to a lower resolution. I want to play it progressively and not have to download the entire file before playing. I haven't found a way to do this. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Anyone?

RemyL75

Reaction score
What app are you using to play the files on ur X???

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've tried the built in player, nwsplayer, the nexus gallery player and Meredian.

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Well...good news...kinda! Using tversity on the PC and "skifta" as the DLNA recepient and rockplayer as the player...IT WORKS. It streams the video without having to download the video first. It does NOT work if I use the built in DLNA application.

spyder560

Reaction score
Well...good news...kinda! Using tversity on the PC and "skifta" as the DLNA recepient and rockplayer as the player...IT WORKS. It streams the video without having to download the video first. It does NOT work if I use the built in DLNA application.

Great post. I didn't think tversity worked on android.
It should then work on a Xoom yes??

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Yes it should. How u liking that Zoom? Is it worth $700+? How does it compare to an iPad2?

RemyL75

Reaction score
I have Tversity working with my Xoom, but for the player I am using VPlayer instead of Rockplayer lite. It performs better. Also, I turned off transcoding because VPlayer can play avi files natively.

As for the Xoom, yes to me it was worth the 600 I paid, and it fit my needs/wants better than my iPad so much I sold the iPad. I don't know how it would stack up to an iPad 2 as I have yet to play with one. I heard the cameras suck and the only thing besides said cameras that was different from the iPad 1 was the CPU. IMO, that's not enough to warrant buying it if you already have the original. But it's personal preference.