TUTORIAL--- Downloading .rar Files

only126db

Reaction score
Ok I had searched and searched and could not find good info on this subject, there was alot of get this app or this app and none of it worked correctly.

I figured it out and would like to pass this info along to others who may be looking to download .rar files with their Droid and open them on their droid.

So far the largest file I have downloaded with the factory browser was a two part 320Kbps 260mb set.

So here are the details:

There are two apps you will need, the first app is the one that will actually allow you to download the files, instead of getting the "download unsuccessful" or file not supported messages.

Download All Files
HwkRbbt Software

The next app is the one which will allow you to open the files.

AndroZip
Agilesoft Resource

So here is all you do.

1 Install both apps
2 click a .rar file download link you want
3 after it finishes downloading go to the AndroZip app and run it (you will see your normal files you would see if opening your files folder in your app menu)
4 Go to downloads folder and click the downloaded .rar file, a dialog box will come up asking what you want to do and from there it's up to you

AndroZip will create a file folder with your downloaded items wherever you decide to extract to.

Hope this helps someone

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have yet to need to download a .rar file on my Droid 2 myself, but perhaps that day will come and I will benefit from this post. Still, there are obviously others as you pointed out, so your post will certainly help people going forward.

deegan

Reaction score
Just chiming in to say I put this under my bookmarks, because I was having similar problems when I first got my phone. This will come in handy when I want to wirelessly transfer music and ebooks from my computer to my phone.

Reaction score
appreciate the information friend! almost all my computer science projects are in .rar files, this will most definitely come in handy!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yes same here a few of my business classes use them so this will help a lot sir Thank You