SNesoid help.

Techno Droid

Reaction score
Ok I been swamped with soo many emails on how to do this. Sorry for the delay. First of all download Androzip and Astro File Manager (both are free). I usually download from www.romhustler.net. remember, this is being all done from you phone/droid. Go to the link and on the left there's a column and select your emulator (ex. SNes for SNesoid). Next find, with the first letter of the title game (ex. D for Donkey Kong). After you've found your rom/game select and follow the links to download. Remember if it says Download the Rom, select it. Rom is the game. After all the links(2) your downloads page should appear with the Androzip icon. Wait for the download to finish. Then back out completly and go open Androzip. Go and find the lable "Download" (not Downloads with an S). Scroll down and find your rom/game. After you've found it select it/long press it and select Extract HERE. Or if you want Extract to... in a different folder if you want a seperate folder for you Roms (I do). after it fully unzipped/extracted, back out and go open your emulator. Search for the Download again and select. Scroll thru it and there should be a bounch of roms/games with different titles and what not. Just go thru them and find the original rom/game your looking for. All of the other roms are different version of semi-developers, lol. And finally I use Astro to delete the Roms I don't want, and plus I like using Astro better than Androzip. Androzip is only used to download and unzip the rom bc Astro can't and your phone doesn't support it. Any questions just post em up and happy gaming. Oh! Check out Game Gripper its Sweet.

jacobrv

Reaction score
Technically, it is illegal to download roms off the internet, you have to make your own backups from cartridges you own. However, if you are going to download them anyways your best bet would be to get a good browser like Dolphin and find the roms online and download them that way. Then set the rom path in SNESoid to the folder where your downloads are which is probably /sdcard/download. Then when you open SNESoid it automatically scans your rom folder and lists anything that should be compatible. Note though, that if you are getting your roms illegally, they may not always work.

Two other things:
1) I find it is way easier to manage your roms from the computer.
2) If you are serious about playing emulators, you should get a game gripper.

Last edited:

superglen99

Reaction score
+1 for game gripper, freaking awesome. As for Roms if you end up using a pc create a folder on your sd called snes or whatever and put the roms in there, then navigate to that from the app. sorry haven't had any luck downloading via the phone either

OP
Techno Droid

Techno Droid

Reaction score
Thx guys I appreciate the help. That game gripper looks awesome!! But I'm like really hard headed... lol my buddy was saying something about unzipping the files. That's I guess where the computer isn't of use, bc of that purpose I guess. I wish he'd just show me already!!!! I don't give up that easy.