SNESoid Help

jgrizzle07

Reaction score
I downloaded SNESoid on my phone recently. I've tried downloading several different roms for it and they all have the same problem. When I open my emulator (SNESoid) and try to open a rom my downloads folder is empty. Using my Astro file organizer i find my rom's in there under the downloads folder. When I click them it gives me the choice of either extracting the file to this directory or another... neither button works. Any ideas?

rathat

Reaction score
I have problems with kirby all star, it wont start. Link to the Past also wont work well, there is no grass, its just grey ground.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
first. you dont need to unzip the roms. second. droid is not the best platform for emulation. play it on your computer or get a psp. third it will take a few years before . most of the bugs are worked out with the emulators and most of the games. i dont know where or how your getting your roms, but roms that i have already on my pc that i copied over work fine.

better off downloading them on a computer, the copying them to your phone. dont unzip them.

rathat

Reaction score
Ok I figured out what was wrong with my problem, you need to enable transparency in the settings.

Silver Member
Reaction score
first. you dont need to unzip the roms. second. droid is not the best platform for emulation. play it on your computer or get a psp. third it will take a few years before . most of the bugs are worked out with the emulators and most of the games. i dont know where or how your getting your roms, but roms that i have already on my pc that i copied over work fine.

better off downloading them on a computer, the copying them to your phone. dont unzip them.
the DROID's platform is perfectly suited for emulating SNES games. its processor and hardware acceleration is well suited to play them efficiently.

BigRussDaGOD

Reaction score
yeah but it takes time to work out all the bugs, have the games run correctly/at full speed, etc. look at pc emulation, look at dreamcast emulation, look at psp emulation. it didnt happen overnight.

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah but it takes time to work out all the bugs, have the games run correctly/at full speed, etc. look at pc emulation, look at dreamcast emulation, look at psp emulation. it didnt happen overnight.
i'm not sure what you're basing your observations on, but the emulators on the DROID are those that have been ported over from already existing emulators. you kind of contradicted yourself in your first statement by saying the emulators are buggy and then went on to say that the ROMs work fine.

for a phone with an average processor, the DROID plays SNES ROMs as good or better than comparable 500+ MHz systems of the day.