Turn Camera Noise off

searayman

Reaction score
When i use the camera and it focus it makes a loud beep noise is there anyway to shut off camera sounds?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably not, same issue with lots of phones. Intended to be upskirt unfriendly...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably not, same issue with lots of phones. Intended to be upskirt unfriendly...
lol i just don't want people to hear it when I'm taking a picture of them looking like an idiot or something

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
there's a workaround for that...the screen when off doubles as a pretty good mirror

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Just turn your ringer volume to silent or vibrate. That'll silence the camera noises too.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

i dunno exactly if its implemented to turn it off completely on the droid,
but i once red for the BlackBerry, that developers have to enable sound bcuz u shouldnt be able to take a pic of someone wifout notice.

Just to consider

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Im sure there will be an app for it :)

shouldn't be too difficult to create an app that silences your ringer volume before launching the camera app, then restores it to your previous setting when you exit. I think I'll call it SilentCam. Has the added advantage in that someone calling you while you are trying to upskirt isn't going to notify the upskirtee..:)

Or, seriously, you could just turn your ringer down manually.

dj928

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me (and others I've read in posts). Silent mode or ringer off does NOT silence my shutter sound.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Hey,

i dunno exactly if its implemented to turn it off completely on the droid,
but i once red for the BlackBerry, that developers have to enable sound bcuz u shouldnt be able to take a pic of someone wifout notice.

Just to consider

Yes, I've heard there are actual legal implications of being able to take a pic without a sound.

However, I tried the suggestion of turning my ringer-volume all the way to zero, and it silenced the camera as well! Cool!

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me (and others I've read in posts). Silent mode or ringer off does NOT silence my shutter sound.

Selecting silent-mode or ringer-off from the menu doesn't work. Using the volume button to turn the ringer-volume down to zero (past the point where it vibrates) does seem to work.

nunka

Reaction score

Selecting silent-mode or ringer-off from the menu doesn't work. Using the volume button to turn the ringer-volume down to zero (past the point where it vibrates) does seem to work.

Yup. This works. Pro Zoom 5X and a few other camera apps on the market also offer this as an option without having to manually mute your sound.