Turbo Charging 2.0 Performance

Thanks bkdodger for the battery info.

Update
Today after an overnight charge beginning at about 12% I have 81% after 9.5 hours on with screen time 1.3 hours. A definite improvement . I believe the battery life will keep getting better with use, hope so. I depend on it when dirt biking off road in very remote areas for 2 to 3 days at a time.
So far I am happy with the choice

Update
Today after an overnight charge beginning at about 12% I have 81% after 9.5 hours on with screen time 1.3 hours. A definite improvement . I believe the battery life will keep getting better with use, hope so. I depend on it when dirt biking off road in very remote areas for 2 to 3 days at a time.
Rumors also suggest that Android L will require less resources. Milk that battery more.

Update

I'm at 77% with similar stats. I am obviously still benchmarking my MaxxHD's performance AND the claims of 2 Day battery life resonating in my brain - wish they hadn't planted that seed. I do not see it happening. Maybe if I go to bed really early on day 2 and a dead phone qualifies as having made it - I'll see 2 days.
We shall see.

I believe the numbers are based from 0-x. The lower your battery charge the faster the charge is. I don't think 80% to 90% is as fast as 10%-20%, for instance. Could be a factor in their claims.

Actually I would bet that any level below 75% - 80% would rapid charge at the same rate. Charging fast at the top of the charge cycle would stress the battery and reduce its lifespan too dramatically.

Found this on Moto website for the Droid Turbo
**Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.

Found this on Moto website for the nexus 6
²Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Nexus 6. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

Found this on Moto website for the Droid Turbo
**Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses.

Found this on Moto website for the nexus 6
²Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Nexus 6. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

Ok, so that's further limitation on damaging the battery than I even expected. It does however agree with my understanding on how Lithium Ion batteries respond to various charging rates. Good info and good investigation.

I'm at 7 hours of screen on time, and still have 20 percent left.. And i was streaming videos all afternoon... I'm impressed..

I don't use the turbo charger.. Just my qi charger...

Reactions: cr6
I think it works fatter when battery is low as in 15-30% It shows down after that I think. I used it as intended as a quick fill to have enough to finish the day. I had 30% in the morning and 60% when I picked it up of the charger. Tonight I'm getting a wireless charger and I'll probably never use the turbo charger again.

That's correct. It slows down as battery reaches full charge.

2 hours to go from 5% to 100% while using the phone during the charging. The last 5% to reach 100% was pretty slow.

By the way, don't discard the short cable that came with the charger. I couldn't get any of my longer USB cable to work with the charger. Shorter ones worked OK, but I have been told that the thicker cable that came with the charger is best for fast charging. FoxKat likely has more on the subject.

Update
The best device by far is inreach, don't go scurrying around in the "outback" without it.

2 hours to go from 5% to 100% while using the phone during the charging. The last 5% to reach 100% was pretty slow.

By the way, don't discard the short cable that came with the charger. I couldn't get any of my longer USB cable to work with the charger. Shorter ones worked OK, but I have been told that the thicker cable that came with the charger is best for fast charging. FoxKat likely has more on the subject.
I'll respond tomorrow. Worked the polls today and I'm beat

Back