Tunny (Dolphin Browser Pre-Release Candidate)

Reaction score
Dolphin announced a Release Candidate of their new browser, nickname Tunny:

Dolphin Browser for Android | Facebook

Very honored to invite you to participate in Dolphin Browser for Android 2.0+ (Tunny) pre-release Program.
Tunny is a brand new version of Dolphin Browser.
It is design for Moto Droid, milestone & Google Nexus one or all Android phone with 2.0+ OS.

What's New in Tunny:
1. Android 2.0 Browser rendering engine. Fast loading speed.
2. First Android Browser which support add-ons.
3. More Tiny, remove all the extension feature from the main app, you can use them as add-ons By demand
4. Quick Windows switching (swap left or right on the screen)
5. Enhanced Bookmarks:
* Swap left or right to switch between tabs
* Customize the sorting of bookmarks

Please feel free to share your feedback & suggestion to me.
Feedback Form: Dolphin Browser for Android 2.0+ [Tunny]
I would try my best to provide the best Android Browser for all of my dear friends
smile.gif

Please just scan the following Barcode or visit http://bit.ly/9xRXzd to download Tunny

23625_378330293580_125383963580_3890898_8163057_n.jpg
i apologize if this was already posted but i hope you enjoy this :)

OP
NeverEndingXsin
Reaction score
i noticed it being faster but i miss multi touch :( so for now... ill stick with Dolphin Browser and wait until Tunny is more developed

OP
NeverEndingXsin
Reaction score
i noticed it being faster but i miss multi touch :( so for now... ill stick with Dolphin Browser and wait until Tunny is more developed

It has multi touch.
oops wrong wording (sorry im tired) i couldn't seem to get it to pinch to zoom like in the normal Dolphin Browser, maybe there was a setting that i missed or something though, its way too late for me to be testing out new apps lol :wink:

bomber889

Reaction score

It has multi touch.
oops wrong wording (sorry im tired) i couldn't seem to get it to pinch to zoom like in the normal Dolphin Browser, maybe there was a setting that i missed or something though, its way too late for me to be testing out new apps lol :wink:

Hmm.. the pinch to zoom works perfectly fine for me, if not better than Dolphin.

OP
NeverEndingXsin
Reaction score
It has multi touch.

Hmm.. the pinch to zoom works perfectly fine for me, if not better than Dolphin.
grrrrrr. testing out again, maybe it just installed wrong or something. ill post my success before i hit the hay

bomber889

Reaction score

grrrrrr. testing out again, maybe it just installed wrong or something. ill post my success before i hit the hay

Haha alright, good luck.

OP
NeverEndingXsin
Reaction score

Haha alright, good luck.
Pros:
pinch to zoom does work, it was my fault it didnt work before because i tried it on the default home page and didnt think to navigate to a different site to try it. multi touch seems to work pretty nice as well. the browser looks ALOT like the default stock browser but with many improvements to it. i also like the new look of the page when you add a tab to the browser its been done nicely. it also seems faster. also when you use the "back" key to exit the browser there's an option to clear cache and history. You can also set the user agent to be "Desktop" mode which some people would probably find useful.
*note all of this is at first glance and ill fix it tomorrow after ive used it all day*
Cons:
i wish there was an option to put the Gesture button on the right hand side and not the left hand side because for me personally being right handed i'd rather it be on my right side. Sadly there are Ad's already :(
*again note all of this is at first glance and ill fix it tomorrow after ive used it all day*

All in all at first glance (meaning no more than 10 minutes using it) it does seem really nice and a great browser that seems very promising for when more features get added (option to switch the gesture button please) Hopefully this helps some of you out :icon_ banana:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Posting from it now via my Droid. I never really got into the gestures, but using this browser now, I like the gesture button on the left. I'm right handed too, but it's uncomfortable on my thumb to reach down to the right corner.

Imo, the look is much better. As stated above, it resembles stock, but i never really cared for Dolphin's look. Swipe in the bookmarks is beautifully executed. Use that to change between bookmarks, starred, and etc. Putting bookmarks in the order you want them takes a simple touch and drag up or down the list (hold on the right side where the icon with lines is). Very nicely done!

Adding/closing a tab is sexy as well. When you have a page in "overview," simply swipe left or right to get it to pop up, then click the red x in a preview to close that tab for click the plus sign to open a new one. You can also get it by scrolling all the way either way and the swiping again.

Speed is very nice, and p to z works better than older versions I tried.

Just my initial thoughts as well. I've tried Dolphin out several times over a few different versions since I got my Droid, but I have to say that this is the version that might very well make me want to keep it/donate.

Did experience one force close in the first few minutes of playing with the browser, but I pulled it right back up with no problem. I was changing settings at the time (system settings, but Dolphin fced).

Last edited:

BigRalphN

Reaction score
I hate it. I will go with xScope. It looks a lot like the default browser because it IS the default browser. It is faster than the old Dolphiin, but slower than default with out theextras. It is sort of like how yahoo and others years back would take IE and add skinning and addon capability and tab support. Basically the same idea. If you read on his site it even tells you it is that engine. It does what it says, but I like the other interfaces better. And opera 5 is still faster, though a bit awkward to use.

Psychokitty

Reaction score
Pinch zoom is not working for me. I'm running the old Sholes 2.0.1 and have Dolphin Plus installed.

Is there a setting?

MarkB

Reaction score
Just like with Dolphin and the stock browser, pinch zoom doesn't result in the page auto fitting since I installed 2.1. Double tapping does, but this makes the pinch zoom pretty useless.

Interesting too, in Dolphin I could zoom mobile sites, like google news mobile format. I still can actually although it doesn't auto fit. In stock and in this one, no zooming on mobile sites. I can't seem to find a browser that works as well after 2.1 as Dolphin did before 2.1.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
No

Pinch zoom is not working for me. I'm running the old Sholes 2.0.1 and have Dolphin Plus installed.

Is there a setting?

Just like the stock browser, pinch zoom wiil not function on most mobile sites. Also, from what I have been seeing, you will not get pinch zoom until you get the 2.1 browser. As I eluded to above, this is basically a front end for the stock browser in my opinion