Trying to upgrade old version of liberty on a Droid X. Please help!

OP
K

krispf3

Reaction score
So I would have to do that first? Will this version of Liberty still function after that upgrade?

Can you help me upgrade?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
So I would have to do that first? Will this version of Liberty still function after that upgrade?

Can you help me upgrade?

Yes; it should but I'm not totally sure; you'll need someone who has a DX to walk you through with all the files and stuff.

OP
K

krispf3

Reaction score
Yes; it should but I'm not totally sure; you'll need someone who has a DX to walk you through with all the files and stuff.

Where should I post? Perhaps this is not the correct place. I need step by step help for newbies!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Right place, you just need a different person to help you.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Give me a minute to reread everything you're asking and I'll help you.

Edit: Tell me if I get this right.

-You are on 2.2.1 or some version of Froyo
-You want to update to a newer version of android and liberty

?

If that information is correct. Backup everything you have on there you want to keep. Use titanium backup for USER apps, move any pictures you want to keep to your external card or to your computer or something and make sure your contacts are backed up through google or something similar.

Next you will need to update/SBF to .605. The easiest way to do that is here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html Make sure to use the (4.5.605 Gingerbread) file. Instructions are listed in that thread.

Once you are up and running on GB .605 you can proceed to install Liberty. The latest version is Liberty 3 v 2.0.

OP
K

krispf3

Reaction score
Give me a minute to reread everything you're asking and I'll help you.

Edit: Tell me if I get this right.

-You are on 2.2.1 or some version of Froyo
-You want to update to a newer version of android and liberty

?

If that information is correct. Backup everything you have on there you want to keep. Use titanium backup for USER apps, move any pictures you want to keep to your external card or to your computer or something and make sure your contacts are backed up through google or something similar.

Next you will need to update/SBF to .605. The easiest way to do that is here Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems Make sure to use the (4.5.605 Gingerbread) file. Instructions are listed in that thread.

Once you are up and running on GB .605 you can proceed to install Liberty. The latest version is Liberty 3 v 2.0.
hi,

I have been working with someone via PM. He helped me get to .602. So now im running gingerbread but I'm no longer rooted. So how can I get back to root? Then yeah, I want to get the newest liberty version.

can i still use a wifi tether on this version of gingerbread? i think i read somewhere that i need some kind of a patch.