Trying to install 1.1.1....

pballin77

Reaction score
but, not really getting anywhere

I went into ROM Manager and selected sapphire etc... got a 800 mhz low voltage kernel, chose incognito theme, and downloaded it etc. I wiped data and backed up, then proceeded to let it install

once I booted up, I got the screen to touch the android to begin. Only problem is, the box saying "the dialer is not responding" or whatever keeps popping up. Every time I touch "force close" it pops up again, over and over and over, and I can't even click anything else on the phone.

What do I do? I really want this rom and theme... but I can't install it. I had to restore back to what I had before

helpppp pwease!

captdroid

Reaction score
but, not really getting anywhere

I went into ROM Manager and selected sapphire etc... got a 800 mhz low voltage kernel, chose incognito theme, and downloaded it etc. I wiped data and backed up, then proceeded to let it install

once I booted up, I got the screen to touch the android to begin. Only problem is, the box saying "the dialer is not responding" or whatever keeps popping up. Every time I touch "force close" it pops up again, over and over and over, and I can't even click anything else on the phone.

What do I do? I really want this rom and theme... but I can't install it. I had to restore back to what I had before

helpppp pwease!

Try installing Sapphire no theme just stock, gapps, and the 800mhz low v kernel. And select to wipe data/cache.

OP
P

pballin77

Reaction score
Will I be able to get incognito on there later? I love the look of that theme

dodgerslim

Reaction score
You should have no issues getting the theme on after setting up the phone. I tried doing all four zips at once (Sapph, GApps, Theme, Kernel) and had the same issue. Get stock Sapphire going, then try the theme and you shouldn't have any issues.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, install the rom and gapps files seperately, then reboot. Let your phone resync and setup what you need to, then reboot and apply the theme.

And another problem chalked up to rom manager..

Sent from my Droid

OP
P

pballin77

Reaction score
Okay so... I installed it all without the theme. now how do I reboot and apply it to get the theme?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download the theme and put the zip on the root of your sd card

Reboot the phone while holding x till you get the recovery menu

Scroll with the volume rocker, select "install zip from sdcard" with the camera button

Select "choose zip"

Scroll to the theme and select it

Select "Yes"

When it's done reboot

OP
P

pballin77

Reaction score
Well when I did that, I couldn't find the zip. When rom manager downloaded it did it put it in some folder? Or do I have to actually go download and put it on my sd from my computer? If so which folder should I put it in?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't D/L anything with RM so I don't know where it puts it. But you can do the 2nd option you proposed, It doesn't matter where on your sdcard you put it, as long as you remember where when you install it