Help Installation of sapphire ROM 1.1.1

itsSunnyB

Reaction score
Have a question i have a moto droid flashed to metro pcs and running the new sapphire 1.1.1 ROM been having problems with installing and updating google MAPs (only that software) my question is if i do clean wipe will it erase the info that has been flashed to the nvram....

wingdo

Reaction score
Did you delete the old google maps before trying to install the one in the marketplace?

Use root explorer (or terminal) to remove /system/app/Maps.apk (you will need to make system r/w). Once you remove it, reboot and install the updated maps from the market.

OP
I

itsSunnyB

Reaction score
Did you delete the old google maps before trying to install the one in the marketplace?

Use root explorer (or terminal) to remove /system/app/Maps.apk (you will need to make system r/w). Once you remove it, reboot and install the updated maps from the market.

I've done that, still the same now I don't have google maps. This is what happened I had google maps before then there was an update I tried to update it, it gave me update unsuccessfull, so I removed maps.apk using root explorer and tried re installing now it won't install "install unsuccessfull" so i figured I would try a clean install, and I figured all it will wipe is my apn settings but I can adb those pretty easy, the only thing I will have trouble with is re flashing the nvram.......thanks for the response wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Try this after making sure the apk is still not there.

From a terminal window:

su
pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

reboot, and try market again.

(also make sure you don't have anything in /data/app like a com.google.android.apps.maps-1 or 2 or such)

OP
I

itsSunnyB

Reaction score
Try this after making sure the apk is still not there.

From a terminal window:

su
pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

reboot, and try market again.

(also make sure you don't have anything in /data/app like a com.google.android.apps.maps-1 or 2 or such)

nice that worked, thanks alot for the help, can i still ask if i do a clean wipe install of sapphire or any ROM for that matter will it clear out things that were flashed to my nvram (im flashed to metro pcs), just for future references....dancedroid

OP
I

itsSunnyB

Reaction score
i also updated the keyboard to htc_ime hires i installed both apks the clicker.apk and the htc_imehires.apk, i just wanted to know how do i get the sound to work i enabled sound under settings and still no sound (so sound comes out when i press the button)