Trying to get back to Froyo...

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
I am a new user and I am so thankful to the kind people who have responded to the questions I have posted. I have a dilemma and I have spent about three days trying to sort things out but I still have not had success.

I own a Droid 2 which was running great on Froyo until the Gingerbread OTA update. After the GB update, my phone was no longer rooted. I tried the Once Click D3 Root Method and it did not work. Someone told me I would have to do an SBF Recovery to flash back to Froyo. So, I downloaded RSD Lite and the SBF file- DROID2_X6_2.3.20_SYSTEM-ONLY.sbf ))) and successfully flashed my phone (RSD Lite said PASS). The next step, I read was to hold X and power on to get Andy the Android and a ! on the screen. Did that... Then, I pressed the magnifying glass (like I read) and nothing happened. I was stuck there for a while until I read somewhere else to use my volume keys. I was able to clear my memory and cache using the volume and Enter keys and then I rebooted. After reboot, the Motorola M was stuck on my screen. I tried running through the whole process again with no luck. So now, I can either have the Android screen or the M screen. I don't know what to do! Maybe I do not have the FULL SBF file? I was sent this link Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! to upload the FULL file from another user but I CANNOT download it from here. I have tried about 20 times and still no luck!

I thought I would just get a new phone and use my upgrade, but after doing extensive research, it seems that both the Bionic and Droid 3 (the phones I was looking at getting) have issues with Wireless Tether, which is why I need root access. I am feeling very overwhelmed with how much info there is out there and I have also spent soooo much time on this that my 1 year old and 3 year old have been on their own a lot. :-(

If anyone can help me get my Droid 2 back up and running, I would be very indebted... I am currently using my old HTC Touch Pro2 to tether wirelessly without any problems. If the phone itself didn't have so many issues like a finicky screen, I would just stick with this and be done with it... BUT, I really would like my D2 back or advice on which phone to get so I can use Wireless Tether or some other form of tether without any issues.

Thanks so much in advance!
Jeni

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten this sorted out?

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

OP
H

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
I have, THANK YOU! I flashed back to 2.2 and put a freeze on Updater 2.2 so my phone won't OTA update. I would not have been able to do it without the help of so many nice people on this Forum and others... thanks for checking!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Glad its all set!

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

OP
H

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Me too! It is my lifeline! Right up there with air... ;-)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums