True protection of a case.

Dglez

Reaction score
It seems that 95% of new X owners put a case as soon as the phone leaves the box. personally I love the way my phone looks naked (so far no cover has caught my eye) so my question is besides a screen protector why would somebody put a cover on. Will your phone truly be protected from a fall?

LuciferRex

Reaction score
I use one 'just in case.' I am always getting in and out of my work truck, and I would hate to see my baby shatter on impact

Akita

Reaction score
It seems that 95% of new X owners put a case as soon as the phone leaves the box. personally I love the way my phone looks naked (so far no cover has caught my eye) so my question is besides a screen protector why would somebody put a cover on. Will your phone truly be protected from a fall?
Protects it from surface scratches and minor dings. Unless you wrap you phone with space age Styrofoam and place it in a padded briefcase, no case will truly protect a phone.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I like the bulk the leather case adds on it, makes me have a better grip for texting. Plus if I drop it I want some protection.

OP
Dglez

Dglez

Reaction score
I did have one of the plastic snap on case on my first generation iphone and found out that dirt and grime would get wedged in between the phone and the case when I dropped it ones it snapped open bounced and still got scratched, any suggestions on better

soba1

Reaction score
I found a nice soft gel case with a pretty good lift around the screen.
Imo just think of it as shock absorption just in case you drop your phone
it has a better chance of surviving. I went with the gel because it is easier to take off and put back on. The feel of a naked phone is nice.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
silicone and rubber cases will protect phone against damage from falls, but they'll also collect more dirt and make putting your phone in your pockets a pain as it'll stick to cloth. leather is a better all around protection but i've yet to find one of perfect quality so my phone is naked.