Protective case for Droid X

hoops8

Reaction score
My new DX is only like a week old but I have been wondering if anyone is using a protective case for the outside of the DX. I already installed a Steinhill Ultra Clear screen protector (that is awesome btw). So is anyone using a protective case for the back/outside of the DX? Thanks.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I use the black rocket fish case, its really nice but pricey. Amazon/Ebay has a knock off thats supposed to be better/the same as the Rocketfish case. I think its like $7 shipped? Check out the accessories section for more info.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm still waiting for an Otterbox for the DX..

Same, I had a defender on my 3GS and it was awesome... yeah I had an Iphone, but it all fairness it was my work line. I also had a G1 at the same time so its all good lol.dancedroid

getchel

Reaction score
Qmadix Gel Case

I picked that up from amazon a few weeks ago and I love it. I also picked up a snap-on rubberized hard case at the same time but the hard case feels more flimsy. The Qmadix case is durable and fits perfect. The buttons are covered instead of cut out but they cover them perfectly so it doesn't affect it at all. If you want an inexpensive soft case I recommend that one.

Last edited:
OP
H

hoops8

Reaction score
I haven't had too much luck with soft cases in the past. I had a BB Tour before this and used a Seidio Innocase II on it and it was really nice. Anything comparable to that for the DX?

JAB 67

Reaction score
I have the silicon case from Verizon, which looks just like the Qmadix mentioned above. Very nice.

Last edited:

PACanesFan

Reaction score
Using a Steinhill anti-fingerprint with the Verizon shell-holster combo. I tried multiple cases (and returned them), and couldn't find anything I really liked. I'm not thrilled about this one (doesn't fit in the car dock), but works the best for me.

nfj79

Reaction score
I have the VZW fake carbon fiber case for my X. I've had a few accidental drops, and the case holds up pretty well.

Karlac

Reaction score
I've tried a few of them but like the VZW holster/case combo the best of all for carrying around in my line of work (construction mgr).

Problem with the VZW holster/case combo is the extended battery with cover does not work. Also tried the Best Buy Platinum case for the x. It works with the extended battery, but it doesn't offer enough screen protection in a dusty environment, takes two hands to get the phone out, and it is too easy to put it back in wrong, risking a drop.

Best solution thus far for me with an extended battery is to leave the battery cover off and use VZW's "high gloss silicone case" with the holster from the holster/case combo.

This offers a fairly well sealed case that keep the dust out, slides into the holster with a fit that is tight enough to offer screen protection from dust, and easy to pull out.

I would like to find a holster/case combo that works with the extended battery, and does not have that top clip on the holster that takes two hands to get the phone out ... sooner or later someone has to come up with one.

droidphreak

Reaction score
I use the black rocket fish case, its really nice but pricey. Amazon/Ebay has a knock off thats supposed to be better/the same as the Rocketfish case. I think its like $7 shipped? Check out the accessories section for more info.

+1 for the Rocketfish case. I have the blue one and it looks awesome and fits great. Little pricey but you get what you pay for imho. I also use the Vzn hard silicone case thats a nice change when I get tired of the Rocketfish.

Laramie

Reaction score
Personally, I use a combo of the Waterfield Suede "sleeve", and a 6 dollar nylon belt case I got from Lowes. I don't like cases, they add too much bulk. But I do like the sleeve for when I put my X in my pocket, helps keep the lint to a minimum, I'm paranoid about dust under the screen.

cpinto

Reaction score
I agree. The hard silicone case from Verizon is great. Combined with a good screen protector, it feels protected, but still slides in the pocket easy.

Asterisk

Reaction score
I first got a case from verizon and then I went over to best buy and bought a Platinum case with a quick clip holster. It was a combo pack so everything came together and only cost $38 after tax. That was about how much the first case I bought for it was so I was really happy.