Troubleshooting my Droid X

nakhleh926

Reaction score
for the past month, it seems like the graphics part of my phone seem a bit choppier, and my Quadrant scores have been ungodly low, this slowness is an issue on several different roms. I am not under or over clocked in any way, volts are default, as well as governors. where should I start?
and no I do not use a task killer for anything not frozen. random reboots have started this week too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Boblank

Reaction score
have you wiped data in between rom flashes? If so you may see if flashing an sbf fixes your problem. Not much troubleshooting there, but that's where I would start...

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
have you wiped data in between rom flashes? If so you may see if flashing an sbf fixes your problem. Not much troubleshooting there, but that's where I would start...

I always clear cache and data, battery stats, and the dalvik cache in between flashing. this has persisted through an sbf as well, I'm hoping it is not hardware related, but with my luck who knows.

Boblank

Reaction score
Does it happen after an sbf or wipe, and before anything is restored?

Boblank

Reaction score
So it still does it before any user apps are installed? Not sure if it matters but have you done a full sbf, and just a system only?

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
So it still does it before any user apps are installed? Not sure if it matters but have you done a full sbf, and just a system only?

it seems like it yeah, according to quadrant at least, and I'm not sure to be honest, it's whichever one is equivalent to maderstocks latest.

Boblank

Reaction score
I wouldnt base too much on quadrents, especially from rom to rom. I would wipe, or flash matterstcok.zip again and and check things out before re installing anything. If it still seems the same I would have to assume a hardware issue....hopefully someone else will see this that is more knowledgable, and will have further insight. Good luck

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I wouldnt base too much on quadrents, especially from rom to rom. I would wipe, or flash matterstcok.zip again and and check things out before re installing anything. If it still seems the same I would have to assume a hardware issue....hopefully someone else will see this that is more knowledgable, and will have further insight. Good luck

thank you for all your help, I appreciate it :)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you still having this issue? What are your quadrant scores? Quadrant isnt reliable as a benchmark but can be used as a troubleshoot method.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Are you still having this issue? What are your quadrant scores? Quadrant isnt reliable as a benchmark but can be used as a troubleshoot method.

yeah, and that's why I was using quadrant :p, I only use it for troubleshooting not to actually care about the number, it was 1300 on Rubix, 1300-1400 on Liberty, which is pretty ridiculous compared to my usual 1500 minimum and way above numbers on both roms. My phone locked up today, with only having my important apps installed to troubleshoot. It was after a phone call and the phone was incredibly hot so maybe that one was linked to my heat being on. The rest persisted in much lower temperatures.

1300-1375ish on a fresh Apex as well as Lexlite.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
it seems like my phone is a joke at stock speeds and settings now :/. decided to try overclocking again, and the interactive governor with that is pretty smooth so far, dealing with some instability but hopefully some trial and error will fix that up. maybe my phones ready to die.