Why is my droid x so slow!!

DroidXPrincess

Reaction score
Okay I'm Almost Fed Up. This Is My Second Droid X in the past two months. The Previous one kept freezing and wouldn't turn on at all even after a few hard resets so i sent it back and got a new one. Now this one is doing the same thing. I'm sick of it. I tried downloading Launcher Pro and Advanced Task Killer Then I Deleted Advanced Task Killer Because It Didn't Seem To Help Then I Did The same To Launcher Pro For The Same Reason. I Can't Open Text Messages or Answer Phone Calls. And My Widgets Don't Work. Please Help In Any Way Thank You.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm Almost Fed Up. This Is My Second Droid X in the past two months. The Previous one kept freezing and wouldn't turn on at all even after a few hard resets so i sent it back and got a new one. Now this one is doing the same thing. I'm sick of it. I tried downloading Launcher Pro and Advanced Task Killer Then I Deleted Advanced Task Killer Because It Didn't Seem To Help Then I Did The same To Launcher Pro For The Same Reason. I Can't Open Text Messages or Answer Phone Calls. And My Widgets Don't Work. Please Help In Any Way Thank You.

Try a factory data reset. If that doesn't work, tell Verizon you want a replacement. And no task killers or antivirus.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
First off, good on killing ATK. Task killers are bad news.

When you say this one is doing the same thing, do you mean it's locking up on you/freezing? Or it's not powering on?

OP
D

DroidXPrincess

Reaction score

Try a factory data reset. If that doesn't work, tell Verizon you want a replacement. And no task killers or antivirus.

I did try the reset and it worked for about two days. If i asked for a new one this would be my third droid X

OP
D

DroidXPrincess

Reaction score

When you say this one is doing the same thing, do you mean it's locking up on you/freezing? Or it's not powering on?
Both. Its doing the exact same thing as the first one.

OP
D

DroidXPrincess

Reaction score

Both. Its doing the exact same thing as the first one.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it's under warranty they'll replace it if you can't get it to work right. If you look you'll see some people here have gone through 6 and 7 Droids.

jazzmang

Reaction score
Do a factory reset and don't install whatever apps have been making your phone get bogged down!

If the phone works fine right after the reset, then that means that something you are doing to it is causing the slowdown. New phone won't help.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Do a factory reset and don't install whatever apps have been making your phone get bogged down!

If the phone works fine right after the reset, then that means that something you are doing to it is causing the slowdown. New phone won't help.

I kind of second this opinion assuming the following is true. Do you download and install the SAME apps to every DX you have had? If so which apps are they? This will help with the troubleshooting some. Best would be to use it as it came from the factory for a week. If there are no problems then begin downloading apps, one every 2 days, since this seems to be the timeframe the phone goes nuts. IF you have no problems until hit you download and use "X" app then you have found your problem. I can't think of anything else.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If it's under warranty they'll replace it if you can't get it to work right. If you look you'll see some people here have gone through 6 and 7 Droids.

I was one of them :/

Post up a list of Apps you have installed. If the same problem keeps happening over different devices its probably an app.

spider210

Reaction score
95% of the time its the user not the device

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tmoney2007

Reaction score
Don't add facebook to "my accounts"

Just download and use the Facebook for Android app from the market.

I don't know if this is fixed in froyo but it was a big issue for me on 2.1.