Troubles with Asurion

Droideye

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had Asurion replace my D1 a couple weeks ago. The CLNR they sent me would shut off and lock on the Motorola M screen randomly. I called and they sent me another CLNR for it. Now this second one won't hold the battery cover on correctly, and I know it's the phone because I tried my other cover.

So I'm sick of Asurion at this point and don't believe they have the ability to send me a phone that works properly. And I would much rather use the $99 toward a new D3. Do you think I have enough of a case to plea with them and get a refund?

Any advice y'all have would be great! Thanks

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Sorry ur having issues but they will always send a refurbish device versus new. Unfortunately u can try to plea with them to exchange the D1 for a different model, but I can almost guarantee it won't be the D3. It maybe the D2 or DX. Good luck, hope u get it resolved

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind refurbished phones but there method of doing so is to put a battery in the phone and if it powers up they ship it.

OP
Droideye

Droideye

Reaction score
I'm not looking for a new phone, I know that's not how it works. What I'm asking is if I continue to have problems, at what point can I say 'enough is enough' and get my insurance deductable refunded...

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
and my point is they will continue to send u a replacement. I had my DX switched out 5x for various reasons and that's all I could do. no deductible refunded

ALOHA from Hawaii

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you think I have enough of a case to plea with them and get a refund?
You can certainly try. I don't recall hearing of anyone getting the deductible refunded from Asurion.

jayman350

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you will have any luck getting a refund from them. It sucks but you will probably just have to keep accepting the crap CLNR they send out.

However, stranger things have happened, you should give them a call and calmly explain the situation. Maybe speak to a supervisor and see what they can do for you.

Markster1

Reaction score
Asurion has gotten to be a ripoff, I don't use them anymore. 8 bucks a month plus 99 bucks to replace a phone, come on.....

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

nateohio

Reaction score
At least its not the $200-300 for an iphone

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
Droideye

Droideye

Reaction score
Asurion has gotten to be a ripoff, I don't use them anymore. 8 bucks a month plus 99 bucks to replace a phone, come on.....

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Markster,

On a side note, what are some better options? Are are they through Verizon or separate?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I replaced my wife's D1, 2 months later, the battery won't charge, 2 months after that, the power button broke.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had Asurion replace my D1 a couple weeks ago. The CLNR they sent me would shut off and lock on the Motorola M screen randomly. I called and they sent me another CLNR for it. Now this second one won't hold the battery cover on correctly, and I know it's the phone because I tried my other cover.

So I'm sick of Asurion at this point and don't believe they have the ability to send me a phone that works properly. And I would much rather use the $99 toward a new D3. Do you think I have enough of a case to plea with them and get a refund?

Any advice y'all have would be great! Thanks

I had a similar problem...if you go in person (make sure of course your stock again if you rooted/flashed roms/etc..get rid of su/) they sent me parts and batteries lol, I went to the main store and got taken care of! Hope this helps..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Sal R.

Reaction score
I went thru 5 CLNR D1's before they sent me a new D2G. I'm on my second D2G. The first one randomly rebooted and seriously got hot when used extensisvely (1hr conference phone call).

It's a crap shoot. I cancelled my sub to asurion.

Reaction score
It is no crap shoot at all. Asurion's only source of phones are what people turn in to them. Many phones have intermittent problems and thus pass a 5 min inspection. Insurance or warranty through them is a waste of time and money.

Protect and take good care of your phone and if something happens eat it and buy another one.

TyrantII

Reaction score
It is no crap shoot at all. Asurion's only source of phones are what people turn in to them. Many phones have intermittent problems and thus pass a 5 min inspection. Insurance or warranty through them is a waste of time and money.

Protect and take good care of your phone and if something happens eat it and buy another one.

This, especially since you pay them for the privilege of paying them a deductible should you need to use them.

There's other cheaper comprehensive insurance out there that will run you less for with deductible.

Hell, if you go through 1 phone a year you're better off just pocketing the money you'd pay them and find you'd probably be able to buy a used replacement in better condition yourself for the same you would have spent on them.

Last edited: