On my 3rd CLNR Droid in 3 weeks.

Humble

Reaction score
Well just got my first CLNR and it seems to be working great. Man I love this phone.

Congrats, maybe they sorted out the issues. I would be they had low supply on Droids and were rushing out CLNR devices. On a side note, I got a Droid X out of Verizon for the hassle this caused me. Cost me $49 and I had to renew my contract but it was worth it.

That's great. If I end up having problems with this one I will fight for an X. But I am believing this Droid will be great.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Wow amazing to hear how some people have problems with their Droids. Hopefully you can get a good one soon

You jinxed me. My brand new droid (2 CLNR now 1 New) is messed up again. I cant catch a break, the screen on this one is loose and its brand new. I dont understand whats going on with these phones. Maybe its one of the last production runs and they didnt have the same QA dept... It came in different retail packaging then my org Droid. Not to mention its slow, like, way slower then a stock droid should be. Ive been trying to play World Attack and it locks up everytime i "jump". Seriously annoying stuff, this never happened on my org Droid even at stock speeds. Time to call Verizon and complain, they better give me a better phone or atleast make me eligible for an upgrade or im going to weasel my way out of my contract. :icon_evil:
Took my new one out today and it is worse than the others on signal strength hell I was roaming several times even after the roaming update thing. FML I'm going to try a code change that VZW had me do with one of the other phones and if that doesn't work it's time to push for a upgrade to a Incredible or a X.

First of all, you selected the device, there is no contract to "weasel" out of, if you are having that many issues so called out of the device, try going to OEM. Verizon only acts as an extension guarantor o the warranty. They are not truly the warranty holders. And nowhere in the contract does it state that they have to give you a different phone just because you complain about your phone. Millions of people have the droid with no major issues.

Second, your signal strength issue may not have anything to do with the phone. What kind of plan are you on, what is your roaming area, if you are on the correct roaming list, you should be fine, but if noone with Verizon has bothered to even check in the switch how your calls are being provisioned or your location history, it doesn't matter if you get a droid x or incredible, you are still going to have the same issues. You dont have to post addresses, just give me city, state, and possibly cross street and I can give you a little more info to help you out.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You jinxed me. My brand new droid (2 CLNR now 1 New) is messed up again. I cant catch a break, the screen on this one is loose and its brand new. I dont understand whats going on with these phones. Maybe its one of the last production runs and they didnt have the same QA dept... It came in different retail packaging then my org Droid. Not to mention its slow, like, way slower then a stock droid should be. Ive been trying to play World Attack and it locks up everytime i "jump". Seriously annoying stuff, this never happened on my org Droid even at stock speeds. Time to call Verizon and complain, they better give me a better phone or atleast make me eligible for an upgrade or im going to weasel my way out of my contract. :icon_evil:
Took my new one out today and it is worse than the others on signal strength hell I was roaming several times even after the roaming update thing. FML I'm going to try a code change that VZW had me do with one of the other phones and if that doesn't work it's time to push for a upgrade to a Incredible or a X.

First of all, you selected the device, there is no contract to "weasel" out of, if you are having that many issues so called out of the device, try going to OEM. Verizon only acts as an extension guarantor o the warranty. They are not truly the warranty holders. And nowhere in the contract does it state that they have to give you a different phone just because you complain about your phone. Millions of people have the droid with no major issues.

Second, your signal strength issue may not have anything to do with the phone. What kind of plan are you on, what is your roaming area, if you are on the correct roaming list, you should be fine, but if noone with Verizon has bothered to even check in the switch how your calls are being provisioned or your location history, it doesn't matter if you get a droid x or incredible, you are still going to have the same issues. You dont have to post addresses, just give me city, state, and possibly cross street and I can give you a little more info to help you out.

My issue was not signal related. It was defective hardware being sent to me repeatedly. My droid X should be here any day now :icon_ banana:

Oh, and when you pay for something, no matter who made it or handles the warranty, the company who took your money should stand by that product. Just because Verizon "middle mans" the warranty claims with Motorola and other Manufacturers does not mean they shouldn't eat the cost. Verizon is the one sending out the bad units. It was and is their responsibility.