Trouble with digital movie downloads

maurer171

Reaction score
Droid newb here. Anyone know how to get a digital movie download onto an X without getting "license expired"? I've tried it now a few different ways with several different movies, with both a PC and a Mac. All were new codes. The computer download works, and the ones on my Mac transfer to my iPod just fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them (meaning movies not already transferred to my iPod) on my X. My understanding is that you should be able to put the movie on one computer and one portable device. Do I need a special app for this? Thanks for any assistance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Best way I have found is to use DVD Catalyst 4 and AnyDVD to rip my own movies.
Digital Copies are pretty useless...

D

dvdcatalyst

Digital Copies on the Droid X

Droid newb here. Anyone know how to get a digital movie download onto an X without getting "license expired"? I've tried it now a few different ways with several different movies, with both a PC and a Mac. All were new codes. The computer download works, and the ones on my Mac transfer to my iPod just fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them (meaning movies not already transferred to my iPod) on my X. My understanding is that you should be able to put the movie on one computer and one portable device. Do I need a special app for this? Thanks for any assistance.

Some people have gotten a few "Digital Copies" to work on the X

Watching Digital Copies on the X

On a PC (not a MAC) copy the file to your computer, then open it in Media Player to activate it with the code you find in the DVD/Bluray case.
Then use Windows Media Player's Sync functionality to transfer it to your X. WHile not mentioned in the linked thread, my guess is that the USB mode on the X needs to be set to Windows Media Sync in order for the license to transfer with it, but maybe it works in USB Mass Storage mode as well.

From the thread, it seems that its a hit or miss process in terms of how it works.

Because of the DRM of the Digital Copies, the files (if they actually play) will only play in video players that use the internal video playback portions of the X, such as Gallery. Multi-format players such as RockPlayer and vPlayer will not be able to deal with the license stuff of the Digital Copies.