Converting digital file that comes with blu ray

neoj2

Reaction score
I have a few blu ray movies that came with the digital file of the movie. My question is how to convert it to play on my Motorola Droid? I tried Videora Droid but after a few minutes, it had an error message of some sort. Then I tried Realplayer's conversion method but it asked to extract some read only files. Is it even possible to convert those files? I have both the pc file, as well as the "ipod file" formatted one, but neither will convert. What am I doing wrong?

D

dvdcatalyst

Please use the search on this forum.

Those files are called Digital Copies, and the question has been asked and answered about 35 times so far.

In short, yes and no. The files are protected with DRM, which means they need to be activated and connected to your account. The Droid does not have this capability. To convert them, you can use a program called Tunebite (Tunebite: Start) which plays and records the file into a different format. All other iTunes DRM removal apps use a similar method, and quality is not the greatest. Its easier (and cheaper) to just rent the DVD and rip that instead.

OP
neoj2

neoj2

Reaction score
Please use the search on this forum.

Those files are called Digital Copies, and the question has been asked and answered about 35 times so far.

In short, yes and no. The files are protected with DRM, which means they need to be activated and connected to your account. The Droid does not have this capability. To convert them, you can use a program called Tunebite (Tunebite: Start) which plays and records the file into a different format. All other iTunes DRM removal apps use a similar method, and quality is not the greatest. Its easier (and cheaper) to just rent the DVD and rip that instead.
I did search for it but maybe my wording was off, but thanks anyways.

D

dvdcatalyst

I did search for it but maybe my wording was off, but thanks anyways.

using the search is an art form I think, however, even a search for just the word "digital" shows some of the related posts and threads.