Trouble with car chargers ???

spydergirl

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? I've never been able to justify spending $20+ bucks for chargers, so I've always kept stocked with wall and car chargers for really cheap from Ebay. NEVER had a problems..... with my Blackberries or Droids...... til now.

Suddenly my car chargers are changing on us. They work fine at first.... in both vehicles. Then suddenly they start literally sucking the power OUT of the phones (my Pro and hubby's X). We switch to another charger and it works fine for awhile, but then suddenly switches and starts BLEEDING the charge instead of charging the battery!

It's been so frustrating. I'm willing to spend the money for a charger from VERIZON if I have to, but I don't want the same problem to start happening again.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I recommend only using OEM chargers.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The chargers aren't "drawing power out of the phones". They're not supplying enough power. You're using more than the charger can supply so the net result is drain. Check the specs on your chargers. I'm willing to bet that they supply 500mA. Find some that supply 1A/1000mA. Pay attention to the specs when shopping.

I recommend only using OEM chargers.
OEM/brand doesn't matter. An OEM or Verizon charger that doesn't supply enough current will have the same problem. Again, pay attention to the specs when buying.