Phone Car Charger and USB port

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever used a car charger as does it charge fast?
Depends on the charger. They're not all equal. The lower the mA, the slower the charge. My SPN5400A is fast as it supplies 950mA.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I use the Verizon Charger with USB port and plug in my Droid1 along with my husbands Voyager, both charge quite well and full charge in less than 20 mins with non-use. (Both)and is good with navigator/gps strong, used generic and it vibrated the usb to death!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I would like to find a RAPID charger that is just a cigarette plug with a standard USB so I can use my Motorola cord. Does anyone know of something like the SPN5400A with a higher output, but is just the USB port and cig plug?

I have been looking on Amazon, but most do not give a mA rating. I saw one that looked really good. It looks like it would sit almost flush, but was only 500mA.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
People frequently link to the ones from Monoprice. IIRC they're 1A/1000mA. Double check the specs before buying.

simplysmn

Reaction score
charger

before buying from Verizon go check out amazon.com there close to half the price for stuff

FLE

Reaction score
You could buy the window mount /w rapid charger for the Droid 2. This will work for you and it also fits the Droid. That is what I have in my truck and it works great.