car charger question

delux0

Reaction score
Hey, so im trying to buy a car charger for my motorola droid but do not want to spend a lot of money! So ive been searching and was thinking of buying a usb car charger outlet so then i can just use my usb cable that came with my phone but then realized that it might damage the battery of the phone because of over charging or something?? Im not to sure if that makes sense but i do know some car chargers have a built in system so it turns its self off so it doesnt over charge. What do you guys think??? Is it ok to charge my phone with the usb cable plugged into a usb car charger outlet?? BTW: id not only use the usb car charger for the phone but also my ipod thats why i thought it was a good idea...idk

Thanks!!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So ive been searching and was thinking of buying a usb car charger outlet so then i can just use my usb cable that came with my phone but then realized that it might damage the battery of the phone because of over charging or something??
Not an issue. IIRC most charger threads end up with at least one post pointing out that the Droid will stop charging once the battery is full.