Trouble with ADB and USB Drivers

n3wtonfire

Reaction score
I'm trying to get everything to work for Android SDK and I'm having a lot of trouble with getting the USB Drivers to work so it can recognize my device.

I've downloaded the Google USB Package from the Third party Addons from the Available Packages in the SDK. I just don't know what to do after that. I also have USB Debugging enabled and have it set to USB Mass Storage device. I've been told that once I connect my phone and it says that it's looking for the drivers that I can click on that and redirect to the drivers that are provided in the SDK.

But it doesn't give me the option to do that. Right now it recognize my phone as Removable Disc G and I am trying to get it to recognize it as an ADB Interface or something like that. Can anyone help me? I feel like I'm making this to be a lot harder than it needs to be.

OP
N

n3wtonfire

Reaction score
Ya, I'm pretty sure I did. I made it so that the file path is Computer > OS (C) > Android.

I also went to Computer, right clicked, went to Properties, than Advanced system settings, than Environmental Details, Looked for Path under system variables and pasted ;c:\android-sdk-windows\tools;c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools to the end of the path.

So now my path is:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;c:\android-sdk-windows\tools;c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

Is that about right or did I do something wrong?