Tried upgradeing my Titanium Backup to Pro & now it says I don't have root?!?

Jer

Reaction score
I don't understand what the problem is. I've used Titanium Backup for a year and a half now w/o a single problem. Today I decide to buy the Pro version so I go to the market and click to buy it. I wait for it to download and install and them I launch the regular version again (this is what I did on my wife's phone and it worked) and when I do I get an error that says the device isn't rooted. I'm running MikFroyo v4.1 so I know it is. I click the problems button and it says I need to install a clean version of Busy Box so I do this. Doesn't fix it. I then click the button to update the Superuser and it does this... nothing still. What is going on here? Makes me not want to buy a pro app that's for sure.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would just uninstall the app and reinstall it. Maybe run a fix permissions if the uninstall reinstall doesn't fix it.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
I would just uninstall the app and reinstall it. Maybe run a fix permissions if the uninstall reinstall doesn't fix it.

Thanks for posting. Before posting here I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled & rebooted. No dice. How do I run a fix permissions?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm.....that I don't really know. I know in Liberty it's in the toolbox, Droid 2 Overclock has it in extra's....but I don't know where your ROM would have it or if there is an app for you.

Sorry....don't know enough about Evo's to help.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
Hmm.. I'm leaning towards the fact that I may have lost root access. Can I simply run Unrevoke3 again to root it and leave my ROM and theme intact or do I have to start all over again?

Another thing I noticed is the my backups are much fewer than what I had expected.I made one backup after rooting and clearing the data/cache so I would have a stock ROM to flash if I ever needed too. Then I flashed MikFroyo and backed it up. I then flashed a green theme and backed it up. Lastly I decided I liked the blue theme better, flashed that (w/o wiping which is probably where I lost root) and then made a backup of what would likely be my final setup to revert back to. I then used ES File Explorer to navigate to my Backups folder to rename them so I would know what was what. Much to my surprise there are two of them and I'm not sure which is which. I expected to see twice as many backups so I'm not sure what's going on there but I hope one is a stock ROM.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
Install root checker from the market and find out if you have root.

Yep, looks like I lost root somehow.

"Detailed Results:
Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Standard su binary Location:
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2011-04-30
00:02 su -> /system/bin/su

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

SU binary not found in the system declared PATH"

I tried to type what was on my screen. So, does this indicate anything unusual to worry about or just lost root access? Can I just run Unrevoked3 again to gain root access w/o changing my ROM/theme or do I have to start completely over again?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like you lost root. I would try the unrevoked again and if it doesn't work SBF and start over.

OP
Jer

Jer

Reaction score
Yeah looks like you lost root. I would try the unrevoked again and if it doesn't work SBF and start over.

I decided to just take a chance in the dark and it worked fine. It took a couple tries and I had to take my USB type from charge only to mount as disk drivebut oince I did that it worked just as easy as it did the first time.