tried to use rsd lite and now it says code corrupt

capo745

Reaction score
Does anybody know what that means? I tried to flash the 2.0.1 and now it says code corrupt. I can't do anything, doesn't boot up. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Does anybody know what that means? I tried to flash the 2.0.1 and now it says code corrupt. I can't do anything, doesn't boot up. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks.

You seem rather calm. This kinda sounds like a panic moment to me.

Are you able to go back in with RSD Lite and reflash? Make sure you have the complete file.

I would like to hear what you did to solve this issue. Good luck

hakkuo23

Reaction score
Literally just did exactly what you did! I fixed it by reflashing the phone about 4 times until it worked! Jeez! I thought I bricked it!
EDIT: Also if it says it failed Press close so the process will end on your phone and your phone will probably start up without the Error

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As indicated in the 3rd link of my sig, deeper in that thread, I just used RSD Lite to go back to 2.01 with no problems yesterday. I actually flashed 2 different sbf files with no problems following the directions didn't resolve.

Where is this "code corrupt" error popping up? On the phone's bootloader screen or in the RSD Lite program on your computer? Also, when did it display?

I have heard of some people needing to reflash the sbf a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to happen often.

Which directions where you all using? I find it odd that within 5 hours this issue occurred with 3 people yet I hadn't heard of this issue before. Because it worked after reflashing it a few times for one of you it doesn't sound like the source file you downloaded is corrupted either.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@ christim: from my experience, the ONLY place the phone will show the "code corrupt" is in the bootloader screen. It will show "Boot(loader) 2C6C; and either "Code Corrupt" (and when it does that, the user probably won't be able to power their phone anywhere but to bootloader) or "OK to prgram".

For anyone else, here's my (brief, thank goodness) experience with this problem and how I got 'er done (not easy, nor nice):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/37644-brick-not-brick.html

good luck

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@ christim: from my experience, the ONLY place the phone will show the "code corrupt" is in the bootloader screen. It will show "Boot(loader) 2C6C; and either "Code Corrupt" (and when it does that, the user probably won't be able to power their phone anywhere but to bootloader) or "OK to prgram".

For anyone else, here's my (brief, thank goodness) experience with this problem and how I got 'er done (not easy, nor nice):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/37644-brick-not-brick.html

good luck

Quite the scare, thanks for the link and glad it worked out.