Phone says "code corrupt" after trying to flash 2.0.1 with RSDLite.

The Cinema

Reaction score
I posted this on the hacking forum, and I figured I'd post on here as well.

Anyway, I unrooted my phone last night, and I ws planning to root ig again today. So I download the .sbf file as well as RSDLite and the 32-bit USB Drivers. Well, it failed to flash, and now it says "code corrupt" in the boot-loader. If that wasn't bad enough, it now says the battery is low and i can't program. Am I in serious trouble here?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Anyway, I unrooted my phone last night, and I ws planning to root ig again today. So I download the .sbf file as well as RSDLite and the 32-bit USB Drivers. Well, it failed to flash, and now it says "code corrupt" in the boot-loader. If that wasn't bad enough, it now says the battery is low and i can't program. Am I in serious trouble here?

Yep! Sounds like it either died or unplugged before it finished flashing. Did you try re-flasing? Maybe from a diff computer? Good news is if you cant fix it, the root is no longer there you can claim it just broke to vzon and hope for the best.

OP
The Cinema

The Cinema

Reaction score

Yep! Sounds like it either died or unplugged before it finished flashing. Did you try re-flasing? Maybe from a diff computer? Good news is if you cant fix it, the root is no longer there you can claim it just broke to vzon and hope for the best.
Well, I can't reflash it if the battery is too low, right? I have it plugged in though I don't even know if it will charge.

If I do need to bring it back, it is unrooted, but all of my root apps are still there. Will they care?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Once you start to flash, none of your apps are there. If you are talking about your SD card, youll keep that. Just call 611 for the replacement. If you know someone else with the droid, borrow their battery. Or order one for $12 from amazon.

Does the cgarge light come on at all when plugged in? If so, then it'll charge. If not..maybe take it to a vzon store and tell them your charger broke, you have a new one ordered and ask if they will charge your batt for an hour. They will.

G

gavron

Charge it using the wall charger. NOT the USB.

I've said it so many times my voice is hoarse.

Until it's booted it won't talk "USB" and so won't get more than 50ma.

E

OP
The Cinema

The Cinema

Reaction score
I'm going to leave it plugged into the wall charger overnight and see what happens. If need be, I'll take it to Verizon tomorrow.

OP
The Cinema

The Cinema

Reaction score
I just took it to Verizon today and they gave me a new phone. The guy working there said he'd never seen this particular problem.

B

b16a2smith

btw i have had that issue. Charge it and keep trying, eventually it should work. It will throw a code. Just keep trying.

G

gavron

I just took it to Verizon today and they gave me a new phone. The guy working there said he'd never seen this particular problem.

I'm not sure I'm getting it.

Q1: Who messed up your phone?

Q2: Who didn't want to bother to fix the phone?

Q3: Why should VZW staff/equipment pay to fix the problem caused by the person named above.

I hope the answer makes sense. Can't wait.

E

B

b16a2smith

I agree, in the long run, we get screwed, prices go up.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Q3: Why should VZW staff/equipment pay to fix the problem caused by the person named above.

E
Yes, he got off lucky, I don't see what kind of Verizon employee would give him a replacement after telling him he was trying to flash RSD lite...maybe he wasn't smart, maybe he was a nice guy...anyhow, no need to attack the OP. He's not whining and complaining, he did try to get his phone fixed, and it didn't work. Good for him that he was able to get a replacement. Do you work for Verizon or something? Seems like you are taking this personal.

OP
The Cinema

The Cinema

Reaction score

E
What are you getting at? Of course I messed my phone up. I did, however, attempt to fix it over the course of two days. I left it in the wall charger overnight and nothing happened. I was told by members of this forum to take it to Verizon as a last resort, and that is exactly what I did. I might be mistaken in assuming you're upset with me, and if I am, I apologize. If you are, however, upset with me, please explain why.

The guy I spoke to, by the way, was fairly intelligent, at least compared to the usual idiot/jerk that seems to infest the Verizon store nearest my home.

Last edited:
G

gavron

Late at night... sorry if I wasn't clear.

Rephrased: "Of course the VZW guy had never seen it before." "YOU flashed the stuff, but HE should never have seen stuff like that."

I am happy you tried advice on this forum. There are too many people who just go to VZW and say "make my problem go away."

I hope that is clear... :)

Cheers,

E