Tried to SBF from GB .591 back to Froyo

Reaction score
So i posted this is another sub-forum, but haven't gotten any replies yet, so maybe someone will see it here. I SBF'd my phone, and it said it was complete, but for some reason it was still showing the bootlogo for ZombieStomped and not the stock Moto Boot Logo like it should after SBF'ing, and now my phone is just sitting at the boot screen. And at first it woudn't go into stock recovery when i would hit the search button at the screen with the exclamation point, but i figured out that i have to hit the power button instead of the search button for some reason, but i got into recovery, then i wiped data and wiped cached, then rebooted the phone, which should work, but after i restarted, it just went back to the same bootlogo for the ZombieStomped, and then just continued to sit there doing nothing. I am completely confused on whats happening here. So I'm trying to SBF once again hoping it will work this time. But like i said, after SBF'ing, it should not be showing the boot logo for the custom ROM i had installed. which i just looked at my phone, and it finished the SBF process, and it again is showing the ZombieStomped logo. theres is something majorly wrong here. I am so stuck and dont know what to do. And a job is supposed to be calling me to let me kno if i'm hired in a few hours, and so i need my phone fixed asap. Someone please help me ! nothing i am doing is working, and obviously the SBF process is not working even tho RSDlite is saying it is, cause its not showing the Moto boot logo like it should. And i just noticed in RSDlite where its supposed to show my Device, its saying "N/A" under most of the details, instead of showing the name of my phone and all that stuff. wtf is up with that

here's what its showing in RSDlite under Device Details -

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x003004
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 0d5001142f9e3a0a0000d8ff0100
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000b55432890485
AP Public ID: 75acb5ee66c231146605fd44b76cd6e608101f5b
BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff00002d003289

I know my phone isn't bricked, cause as we all know, if it was bricked, it wouldn't even power on, but something is definitely messed up here, but there has to be some way to fix it. This is stressing me out, making my ulcer flare up which is giving me really bad heartburn and nausea, so please someone swoop in and give me some good news on how to fix this.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
And i would like to add, thats its been sitting at the ZombieStomped bootlogo for over 20min now, so i'm pretty sure its not just taking awhile to boot, its definitely stuck

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I would google "linux sbf cd" and try that way of sbf'ing.

I'll try that, but just outta curiosity, whats the difference ?

and does anyone have any other ideas, while I try to find a blank CD or DVD to burn the Linux SBF to ? And also, does anyone know why its saying N/A under most of the details in the Device Details section of RSDlite, like i posted ? isn't it supposed to say the Name of my Phone and all that, instead of just N/A ? cause I'm thinking maybe thats part of the problem, and it caused the phone not SBF properly, but SBF'd enough to where it deleted most of the files, so it wont let me boot into android, but not enough to where it still shows the ZombieStomped Boot Logo and didn't restore the Stock Froyo files

bobAbooey

Reaction score
I've had RDS lite fail a number of times. This boot cd has always worked. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you on the questions. Good luck.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
thanks, and also if someone can answer, why would i have to use the power button, instead of the search button like is standard, for booting into stock recovery ?

srry i made mistake, its not the power button its making me use, I have to hit both volume keys at once, to get it to go to stock recovery from the screen with the lil android dude, and the exclamation point. and instead of hitting the camera button to select options from the stock recovery screen, i have to hit the power button. also i dont remember that screen having blue text, but i may be mistaken on that, its been awhile since i've had to go into stock recovery instead of CWM recovery.

J_Bone

Reaction score
A lot of people have had issues with it. I trried using the USB sbf and it didn't work for me. Then I did the cd/dvd sbf and it work perfect. Just try the disc sbf and see what happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
A lot of people have had issues with it. I trried using the USB sbf and it didn't work for me. Then I did the cd/dvd sbf and it work perfect. Just try the disc sbf and see what happens.

guess thats what Imma have to do, its wierd tho, cause Like i said, I've used it on this phone a few times, as well as my D2G when i had it, and it worked fine then too, never have had issues with it. But whatever, waiting for my GF to get her to bring me a blank disc, since i'm apparently out (i think someone stole some from me cause last time i looked i had a **** ton of blank DVDs) and i will post my results *knock on wood*

Boblank

Reaction score
Could be wrong but it sounds like you used a system only sbf and not a full?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My details come up as n/a too. My phone shows up as s flash, but the sbf works (full sbf file, latest drivers and rsd lite 4.9 on win xp) all the best to you bro

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, and it was because I used the SHADOW system only file. Get the correct .sbf file and it should work.

Sent from my DROIDX

Antob125

Reaction score
On e you sbf power off your phone then hold power and home or power and menu button then select wipe factory settings option should be fine

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, and it was because I used the SHADOW system only file. Get the correct .sbf file and it should work.

Sent from my DROIDX

thats the SBF i'm using too, which one is the correct one....link please ?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Fixed it, found the proper FULL sbf, and i'm finally booted into android ! woot woot ! that was friggin ridiculous !

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience till I found " the Linux solution"