Trident Aegis and Kraken

X

XoomXoom

Alright, so i ordered the Aegis, they come in multiple colors (which is nice) it was inexpensive in comparison to the Otterbox, and it doesn't bulk up the phone as much as it looks like in the pictures, the colored part of the case comes off and then you have the option of just having a black case. It comes with a screen protector also. If any one finds one with the extended battery option, id like to hear about it. the only thing I've found is the Trident which is a product of Aegis but really not the same thing and looks like its pretty bulky in the pictures. http://amzn.to/OkD7UW

IFeelYourPain

Reaction score
I have it and I am working on a review video. I love it. I've had the Otterbox Defender and switched to the Kraken, because of the kick stand. Otterbox does not have this, and the Otterbox is not really built for the curved display of the GNex. While I loved the Otterbox on my Droid X, the Kraken was just amazing. The Otterbox felt like it wasn't snug and if I squeezed the phone when texting it would push into the phone and quite frankly I didnt want the phone to bounce around inside the case if dropped. Now the Otterbox does have a built in screen protector which I removed after 2 days because it bubbled. (Didn't do that on the DX)

Also there was no support around the edges of the Otterbox, thereby scratching my phone around the screen, the Trident has silicone under the plastic which does a great job of protecting the phone.

Kraken Pros
Comes with screen protector you put on yourself
Has kickstand
Firm and well built, volume and power buttons are very easy to press
Works with extended battery

Kraken Cons
The kickstand becomes loose after awhile and keeps coming out without pulling it. I put a small piece of velcro under it and it solved the issue, but still a bother.

Defender Pros
Built in screen protector
The belt clip is better

Defender Cons
The screen protector that is built in bubbles
Case does more harm than good with scratching phone
Not well made for the curve of the phone
No kickstand
Doesnt work with extended battery

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
Doesnt work with extended battery

Works fine with the extended battery on my phone.

I'm looking at other "tough" cases..........Seidio has some nice ones, Trident has a couple. I want the silicone on the inside, and the smooth case on the outside. That way it will be easier to pocket, yet still provide good protection.

Steve

X

XoomXoom

Incipio offers a outter shell case with a silicone in the inside.
Amazon.com: Incipio SA-204 Samsung Galaxy Nexus SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
incr.jpg

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I had the white/gray one of those, was not a huge fan of the case overall. Not a bad case, just was not for me.