Defender vs Kraken

Reaction score
5 3/8" x 3" tip to tip exterior dimensions installed on my DroidX dancedroid

... as for the Gray color, email Trident and request (I already have for the same gray request)

FordTaurus

Reaction score
I definitely don't find it ridiculously bulky, I think people exaggerate this quite a bit on both the Kraken and Defenders. Of course I used to have a bag phone so it's all relative. :)

As for the colors, I ended up getting a couple extra skins with the black so then you can mix it up!

murf0217

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the belt holster? I have one on order and anxiously waiting to see how well the phone fits. If it looks good I will sell my Defender. I've been very pleased with the Kraken case, but my only dissappointment was the lack of belt clip. Now I think this belt clip will "seal the deal!"

Janet1025

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the belt holster? I have one on order and anxiously waiting to see how well the phone fits. If it looks good I will sell my Defender. I've been very pleased with the Kraken case, but my only dissappointment was the lack of belt clip. Now I think this belt clip will "seal the deal!"

I just put in my order, will let you know by the end of the week, it takes a few days since they are in CA and I am in NY, so hopefully by Friday.. will post review....

ajb3985

Reaction score
Do you have the motorola extended battery with the extended back and it still fits well with the kraken? Ill get it if thats the case

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Janet1025

Reaction score
Do you have the motorola extended battery with the extended back and it still fits well with the kraken? Ill get it if thats the case

I don't maybe someone else on here does...

ajb3985

Reaction score
Sorry. I meant to reply my last post to you!!

J

Johnly

I really like the Trident Case. I got a yellow and black one for an industrial look. I have had it for a week.....very happy.....If I am skating, and I wreck it, X will be good!

murf0217

Reaction score
So did anyone who has the Trident Kraken pickup the belt clip? What do you think of it? I just got mine and I'm not 100% pleased with it. The phone is able to move within the clip and pop out. The clip part of the holster sits maybe a quarter of an inch above the phone when it is sitting it the base, so the phone does slide up and down. It's not secure fit like the Defender.

phartwig

Reaction score
First off yes the extended battery fits and the case completly closes unlike the defender. That being said

Big fail on the holster in my opinion. I don't like the design one bit. Its not completely secure like previous poster said but the thumb release has to be activated to get phone in. I am sure I will get used to that but I dislike it. Also the belt loop part of it has little to no hook at all. The defender one would allow my belt to kinda wedge into it securing it to my belt well. I have found this one ride up my belt several times. Sure it has not come off yet but in my line of work (paramedic) it seems just a bit flimsy and one good bump against something and i feel it would come off.

Case=homerun
holster=close play single at first.

murf0217

Reaction score
First off yes the extended battery fits and the case completly closes unlike the defender. That being said

Big fail on the holster in my opinion. I don't like the design one bit. Its not completely secure like previous poster said but the thumb release has to be activated to get phone in. I am sure I will get used to that but I dislike it. Also the belt loop part of it has little to no hook at all. The defender one would allow my belt to kinda wedge into it securing it to my belt well. I have found this one ride up my belt several times. Sure it has not come off yet but in my line of work (paramedic) it seems just a bit flimsy and one good bump against something and i feel it would come off.

Case=homerun
holster=close play single at first.

I agree! In my line of work I actually put my Defender case back on my phone and used its holster!

sandnut

Reaction score
Got the case & holster last night and I have to agree with phartwig's comments on the holster.
After getting it in my hands, I was concerned about how it would hold up when it bumped against things. This morning as I got into my car, it bumped against the seatbelt release, and the piece that holds the clip to the holster broke. So I wore/used the thing for maybe 10 minutes.
On my previous phones (BB Curve & Tour), I used the same case for about 3 years, bumped against the seatbelt release (and a bunch of other things) several times, but it never broke, so I know that a strong holster/clip can be built. This holster - even for $10 - isn't worth it IMO.

Janet1025

Reaction score
Well, another unhappy holster customer here, what can I say, after being infatuated over my Trident and anticipating the holster arrival, I am very deflated... I was not sure what to expect since Ive never had this type of holster so maybe I expected too much.. in any case I don't like the button release part of it, very awkward, luckily I wasnt going to be using it much anyway but probably won't be using it at all ( the holster that is)..

sandnut

Reaction score
Has anyone with a kraken case been able to move icons from one home screen to another? Is there some trick, because I can't get the icon over far enough now with the car on.