Kraken screen Protector

Reaction score
I just picked up a Kraken case, and the built-in screen protector is bugging me. It looks like there is water between it and the screen, but there isn't. It's sticking to the screen and looks weird. My Defender never did this with the built-in protector.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Steve

dbst

Reaction score
Are you using a second screen protector under it? If you do it might help, I am and it doesn't affect the touch sensitivity

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
I found the fix online.................baby powder!!!

[video=youtube;Im7vvblnzoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7vvblnzoY[/video]

Works like a charm, couldn't believe it.

Steve

hemi1300

Reaction score
nope, not the second screen protector causing the issue, i have the steinheil uc on mine and it still does this sometimes with the kraken on. Gonna try the baby powder trick, sounds silly but i've heard it works great

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the stock screen protector out of the Kraken case, and still used the case with out it?

I know that would take away the dust-proof effectiveness, but the phone would still be fully fall protected.

Steve

Janet1025

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the stock screen protector out of the Kraken case, and still used the case with out it?

I know that would take away the dust-proof effectiveness, but the phone would still be fully fall protected.

Steve

Steve, I did after about a month, I noticed very slight scratches on the screen protector then I found myself babying the phone which defeats the purpose of a case. I still felt like the phone was very protected..

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
So you took out the built-in screen protector with no issues?
How hard was it to get out "cleanly"?

I will probably get a Steinheil UC protector and put that on to protect it.

I'm loving the Kraken case, but the screen protector scratches too easy and the powder trick wears off in a couple days and the oil slick look comes back.

Steve

Janet1025

Reaction score
So you took out the built-in screen protector with no issues?
How hard was it to get out "cleanly"?

I will probably get a Steinheil UC protector and put that on to protect it.

I'm loving the Kraken case, but the screen protector scratches too easy and the powder trick wears off in a couple days and the oil slick look comes back.

Steve

I peeled it off by the corners and came off easily after that. I knew that that screen protector scratched easily from reading countless reviews but no matter how careful I was it still scratched, I think just from regular use. I was much happier once I took it off...

OP
maineultraclassic
Reaction score
It came out very easy, just pressed on it with my finger and the adhesive let go. Much better without that thing in there, screen is much more responsive and easier to use.

Steve