Transparent Notification Bar

Mbk, looks good. One question, did you have to make any settings changes to your rom or launcher to get this working? Actually two questions, the line right under the statusbar, do you know what shadow.9 that is? I would like to edit that one to give a completely smooth look? Thanks, looks great....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Ok I tried this out. The first thing that happened was I couldn't get it to go clear until used my launcher pro dock setting to hide status bar then unhide it and then it came back clear. The second thing was that when I changed screens it kept the top part of the previous screen in the status bar, notice in these screenshots
aefde208-3853-60f0.jpg
aefde208-38e2-f8c1.jpg

And if you look at the first pic just below the clock and below the drocap icon it kept the top of the poweramp icon and the top of the head of the icon for myspace when I hid the statusbar.

Mbk, looks good. One question, did you have to make any settings changes to your rom or launcher to get this working? Actually two questions, the line right under the statusbar, do you know what shadow.9 that is? I would like to edit that one to give a completely smooth look? Thanks, looks great....

Shadow.9?....are you thinking that line is set there by a .9 data chunk? As for the transparency working with static wallpapers, it's a setting in ADW that triggers it.

Yeah, it looks like one of those shadow.9s in framework, some image has to be making it, right? I want to say I remember seeing something like that after the fw is decompiled down with all the status/notification images....

If I were to guess, I would go with divider_dark_horizontal or divider_dark_opaque_horizontal

Yeah, it looks like one of those shadow.9s in framework, some image has to be making it, right? I want to say I remember seeing something like that after the fw is decompiled down with all the status/notification images....

What exactly is a 'shadow.9'?? And why do you feel that the line is created by another .9 PNG? I have to wait til I get home to look it over but it could very well be a divider PNG.....

The dividers are just one line, this looks like a gradient image. There are some. 9 files in framework that are labeled something like titlebar_shadow.9, that are used in some places. The dividers are used in menus and lists.. like your softkey menu, that's where dividers are used...

ecsnead.. that makes sense.. question though then,,, if thats a shadow for the titlebar, what exactly does the titlebar_background.png do? I mean, I edited the status bar to get it transparent ya know? Just confused on my end, looking for guidance.

So you'referring to a name of a PNG as 'shadow.9s'..... thought you were creating you're own class of pngs....lol
That line might be on the status bar PNG itself.... gotta look at it though. I don't know what every PNG does in every Rom...lmao

Yeah, that's what I mean. Sorry about the confusion guys!

Xkape, I will have to look at it tonight, at work now. From the pic Mbk posted, it just seems to me that there will be a .9 in there somewhere that puts that gradient fade/ shadow under the statusbar.... I will take a look tonight, if you guys find it first, let me know.... also, any word on when 2.4 will drop? I am looking into making my apps with a semi transparent bg so that your wallpaper is the background but I don't want to have to do it all twice... lol!!!!

Xkape, I will have to look at it tonight, at work now. From the pic Mbk posted, it just seems to me that there will be a .9 in there somewhere that puts that gradient fade/ shadow under the statusbar.... I will take a look tonight, if you guys find it first, let me know.... also, any word on when 2.4 will drop? I am looking into making my apps with a semi transparent bg so that your wallpaper is the background but I don't want to have to do it all twice... lol!!!!

I'm in IRC now and no word on D1 stuff at least. He's in there and seems to be working though.

I don't wanna be "that guy" and ask for an ETA either lol.

I know tis was made to work with UD, im personally a SS fan, gonna try to flash it anyways....will post results shortly

EDIT- knowing it was something coming from Mbk, i had complete confidence. worked BEAUTIFULLY! absolutly lovin it!

Last edited:
Kessler.. I dont mind being that guy. I just asked him if it would be this week at all or if the cahnges needed to go back thru testing. I think he had left the UD forum though before he saw it so.. I have no idea either.

Back