Transparent Notification Bar

i agree but I have no idea where the desktop xml even is or what its called.

Guys, I think the statusbar and the desktop (wallpaper) are defined by two different parent sizes, ie they don't overlap.... if so, the transparent statusbar may not work???

Somehow it works, cause it runs fine in MIUI.

May be something that has to be coded into the ROM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Have you guys tried switching to a live wallpaper? Back then I used to have a transparent notification theme mod, but the images are stashed away since ADW and LauncherPro eliminates any transparency in the bar unless a live wallpaper is chosen. The stock Android launcher and MIUI launcher at least I think supports transparency in the notification bar for a static wallpaper.

just a minute...

Have you guys tried switching to a live wallpaper? Back then I used to have a transparent notification theme mod, but the images are stashed away since ADW and LauncherPro eliminates any transparency in the bar unless a live wallpaper is chosen. The stock Android launcher and MIUI launcher at least I think supports transparency in the notification bar for a static wallpaper.

I always run nexuskang anyways

live wallpapers keep the transparent status bar...but im not a fan of keeping my wallpaper live...i like battery life lol

Man, I hope some1 gets this to work! Been waiting for this

Sent from my Droid

EDIT- there is a MM zip over on droid pirate that works, but it changes all the icons and colors to cyan

What I really want is ADW tweaked so transparency on the notification bar is possible for a static wallpaper.

From what I understand, the homescreen app's XMLs takes over when the home tab is pressed, and ADW has a setting in their preferences that allows the wallpaper to expand to fill the screen... under system preferences > wallpaper hack, uncheck it....

EDIT- there is a MM zip over on droid pirate that works, but it changes all the icons and colors to cyan

That's what bootlooped me and prompted me to start the thread here.

Completely transparent StatusBar ... accompanying screenshot and Metamorph.zip

Thanks!

I disabled the wallpaper hack and tried that other one again...still bootlooped. Gonna try that one once I get restored.

Thanks!

I disabled the wallpaper hack and tried that other one again...still bootlooped. Gonna try that one once I get restored.

I'm pretty confident about my MetaMorphs....I hope :icon_eek:...lol

Thanks!

It worked! I once again have zero reason to flash MIUI LOL

Thanks again.

I'm gonna edit the OP and drop that link in there.

Thanks!

It worked! I once again have zero reason to flash MIUI LOL

Thanks again.

I'm gonna edit the OP and drop that link in there.

;).....yeah, no need to insatll MIUI......lol ,enjoy..:)

Back