Transparent lockscreen for v5.0.9?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Can anyone please please please make a transparent lockscreen for the nextheme of v5.0.9? I absolutely love everything else about the rom but those ugly black black tabs on the lock are killing me. They just look so tacky and whack, someone please help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike919

Reaction score
Can anyone please please please make a transparent lockscreen for the nextheme of v5.0.9? I absolutely love everything else about the rom but those ugly black black tabs on the lock are killing me. They just look so tacky and whack, someone please help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pull your framework-res.apk and swap the pngs from a ROM with transparent lock sliders... if you don't know how to do this, i could write you up a tutorial... it will take some time though.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have experience pushing and pulling the framework-res.apk you could send me your framework and I will theme the lock tabs for you no problem, but you have to know how to push it back in the system (it's fairly easy) just let me know

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have Root Access then the next step will be to buy Root Explorer from the Market

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long press the framework-res.apk located in system/framework and Copy it, then paste it to the Root of your SDcard and get it to your PC, once on your PC rename the .apk to .zip and open it. Navigate to res/drawable-hdpi and this is where you will find your lock tab .png's. There are also .png's for landscape view located in res/drawable-land-hdpi you will need to replace these too.

To replace the .png's you just drag your transparent ones right into the zip file and they will overwrite the pre-existing ones. If you have access to some .png's that are already transparent then use those, if not you will have to pull the non transparent ones you have and put them in photoshop (or something) and do the work yourself.

Once you have the files replaced put the .zip back on the root of your SD and rename it framework-res.apk and push it back into the system either using Better Terminal or using Root Explorer and setting the right permissions

Here is a Thread that shows a few ways to get the framework back into the system using RootExplorer and Better Terminal and it also tells you how to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/57078-how-edit-eri-xml.html

Last edited:

Dunn23

Reaction score
The commands aren't working in better terminal. I'm running 5.0.9. Says "sys: not found" What am I doing wrong?

Dunn23

Reaction score
Thanks! That worked! Sorta. I accomplished getting the tabs invisible (and thanks very much for the walkthru), but somehow it erased all my accts (gmail, facebook, twitter, etc). Any idea how I managed to fail that hard? The only files I change were the png files. (I think)