2 questions for the MIUI community

Muggins

Reaction score
I love the idea of MIUI, however, I don't like the custom icons or having a seperate wallpaper for the lockscreen. So, is it possible to have all the icons stock? And is it possible to have the lockscreen stay the same, except with a transparent wallpaper so-to-speak? If either of those are possible, or you know of ways to make it possible, please let me know. All help is greatly appreciated. :)

-Thanks
Muggins

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
I know the transparent wallpaper question has been floating around here since almost day one. I don't think anything ever came of it though due to something in the lockscreen file that couldn't be made transparent. I'm sure someone could crack it but I don't think anyone has put a lot of time into it.

As far as stock icons your out of luck unless you or someone else creates a 'stock' theme. In my opinion the look of the icons in MIUI is one of the more attractive features. After flashing so many of the regular stock roms, this one is kind of like a breath of fresh air.

I do keep a folder of custom icons on my pc that I sometimes drop into the program .apks if I'm going to keep a rom around for a while. That's the cool part of all of this, if you don't care for a particular part of any rom you can go in and change yourself. The answers are out there if you want to take a crack at it.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I remember someone posting that the lock screen is hard coded to have a black background. I'm sure if it was easy to make it transparent then it would have happened by now. But at the speed this thing is moving at a lot could still happen and I have been checking out the miui web site. Apparently they release updates every Friday. I wonder if we could get Zen and metic to make it like Monday for droid updates. That would give the whole weekend for the lovely folks over at xda to translate the thing.

OP
Muggins

Muggins

Reaction score
The reason I don't like the icons is because they are so large and unattractive. As for the transparent lockscreen, I have no experience whatsoever in coding, but I am willing to learn. If anyone could point me in the right direction, then I'll give it a try.

And thank you both for the replies.