Transferring Phone Contacts

bar99

Reaction score
I recently got my first smartphone...the Galaxy S3. I love the device. It is amazing what it can do and I know I am only scratching the surface. The learning curve is pretty steep. My question is..."How do I transfer the Contacts from my Galaxy S3 to my gmail account on my PC?" I can't seem to find a way to do it. Any ideas?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It should automatically sync your contacts with the Gmail account you used to set the phone up with. To make sure, on the phone go to Settings -> Accounts and sync -> tap the Gmail account you're using -> and make sure Contacts is checked (and also make sure anything else you want to sync with your phone is checked). Next tap "Sync now" at the bottom left of the screen to manually sync the information. In order for the contacts (and everything else you've selected) to sync automatically in the future, you'll have to have syncing turned on for the device (this can be done at the top of the Accounts and sync page in the settings or via the last toggle called "Sync" that's contained in the pull down notification area). Leaving sync enabled all the time will cause your battery to drain faster, but it's worth it if you want the features that automatic syncing provides.

aishiteru

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
About how to transfer the Contacts from Galaxy S3 to gmail account on PC, just try this:
1. Go to Contacts tab on your Android phone and then hit the Menu option or Settings to continue. Then choose the option of Merge with Google. After that, your contacts within Android device will be connected to Gmail account successfully.
2. Install Gmail app on your Android device if you haven't done it before. Then open the App Drawer > Settings > Accounts and Sync option successively.
3. Now, enable the Accounts and Sync service. Choose your Gmail account and open Sync Contacts option. Finally, press Sync now option and your Android contacts will be synced with Gmail immediately.